What's new

What was your very first DVD? (1 Viewer)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
My first disc was Men in Black. My wife didn't really get the whole DVD thing. So I wanted something that would show off the format that my wife would be interested in. Then I went and got myself Fight Club.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
My first was Hearts In Atlantis. What a disappointment that was! I loved the book, hated the movie. I made up for it by buying Blade Runner next. Even though it is non-anamorphic and only 2 channel, it is a great movie.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
My first was the original release of the T2: Ultimate Edition, it's spiraled downhill ever since.:)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Same here. My first DVD was The Matrix and I didn't own a DVD player when I bought it, although I got one a few weeks later as a birthday present. :D

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
The original release of Halloween by Anchor Bay. Got it and my RCA 5200 dvd player in Nov '97, if I remember right.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
My first DVD was Face/off which I got for my birthday way back in October of 1998.

Jim Reynolds

Agent
The first movie I brought home was Six Days Seven Nights.I was standing there holding a $500 DVD player and thought it would be a good idea to bring home a movie my wife enjoyed.That 1 movie has now grown to 950 not counting box sets.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I bought 2 DVD's at once the first time.

It was from HMV Hong Kong in 1997. I got my DVD multi-regioned to play all regions so obviously I got R3 DVD's. I bought, Eraser and The Replacement Killers. Still have them and are still great DVD's even after all these years!

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I did not have a first DVD. I bought 3 the first day, though.

Austin Powers
Dumb and Dumber
and
Terminator 2.

I now have over 300 titles in my collection.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
The first DVD purchases were:
An American Werewolf in London
Twister
Spawn
Interview with the Vampire

also my sister had bought Contact for me, and it still works!

david_shy

Agent
mine was R4 Starship Troopers

Dual Sided DVD with no extras whatsoever (well, they counted "interactive menus" as an extra...)

still got it, but boy that flipping the disc business is so annoying

Galen_V

Second Unit
Jerry Seinfeld, I'm Telling You For the Last Time around December of 1999 (I think). The only reason why I bought it was because my computer came with a DVD-ROM drive, and I wanted to put it to use. And then things sort of get a little hazy from there...:D

Todd_N

Agent
Goldeneye in the summer of 97. I remember going to various electronics stores looking for discs and got many blank looks when I asked if they had any DVDs. I had to order it from Onecall since my city wasnt in one of the test markets. Things sure have changed since then.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Independence Day for $20 at Best Buy the day it was released. A few months later, I got my first DVD player (a playstation 2) during the first few weeks that it was out :)

Tim Smy

Auditioning
My first was L.A. CONFIDENTIAL in March 1998, 2 months before I bought my first DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks