What's new

What was your first DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mattias Stridsman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattias
Starship Troopers in -99... It was the Region 2 single layer version, where you had to flip side half-way through the movie... that were the good old days ;) (And those days are still not completely gone thanks to DVD's such as The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring - Extended Edition, but I'm not complaining :D)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
First DVD purchased: America: A Tribute To Heroes
First DVD purchased blindly: Moulin Rouge

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The Alien : Legacy Boxset was my first purchase, of which I believe Aliens was my first viewing.
However, I think I purchased Heat right after, which was my first disc spun in the player.
I think Ronin was my first rental (later purchased).

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I received five free DVDs with my player (The Jackal, The Mask, Fools Rush In, Get Shorty, and Analyze This).

The first DVD I watched was Stuart Little. The picture blew me away.

The first DVD purchased: Saving Private Ryan.

Jon

Don Black

Screenwriter
Mine was The Mask. It came with the DVD player. The bank scene where the world was first introduced to Cameron Diaz still gives me goose bumps!

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
JAWS. I was about 9 years old when I lost my swimming virginity. I still think about that damn shark when I am in water!:angry:

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I think we bought L.A. Confidential and Boogie Nights (the original release) at the same time. Shortly after that my husband bought a DVD-ROM drive. I know we watched LAC first. Brazil and Sling Bade were the next ones we bought.
First DVD bought without having seen it first: The Manchurian Candidate. I knew I'd love it, and I was right.
We now have over 1100 DVDs, and at least a couple hundred are movies I have yet to see. I'm almost certain I'll like the majority of them though. I'm getting through them slowly.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
The first movie I bought was of course, my favorite movie of all-time, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

ToddR

Agent
I think that it was Twister. Does that tell you how long I've owned a DVD player? (it was one of the first available from Warner, which was the first major studio to support the format)

Shane Bos

Second Unit
First DVD watched - The Matrix
First DVD Owned - Coyote Ugly (Gift from a friend)
First DVD Purchased - I honestly don't remember but I think it was X-Men
First DVD Player - Pioneer DVD-103 slot feed DVD-Rom In Oct '98(still the one I use most often, I prefer my PC setup to my T.V./DVD player)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I actually bought three DVD's at the same time for my digital initiation (The Thing, Taxi Driver: SE, and Yellow Submarine), but the first one I watched was Submarine.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The Matrix :emoji_thumbsup:
at about the same time, I bought a Creative DVD drive with the DXR2 MPEG2 card and installed it into my computer. I can't really remember which literally came first, but it was definitely all in response to the Matrix being available on DVD -- I had actually decided some months before its release that it would be the "killer app" (since SW:OT was not -- and still isn't :thumbsdown: available on DVD) that pushed me over the edge into DVD-land .
and a long long fall it has been too... :D :D :D

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
The first DVD I got was Rage Against The Machine. It had live performances as well as all their music videos up to that point. I don't watch it anymore, but it was really cool at the time. The first movie DVD I bought was Friday the 13th.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Bought 12 Monkeys and Starship Troopers on the same day sometime in the fall of 98, in preparation of a new computer w/ DVD-ROM (since stand alone players were still far too expensive then).

The computer never happened and I didn't get to watch either of them till I finally got my player for Christmas 99.

I honestly can't rememeber if I watched The Matrix or 12 Monkeys first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks