What's new

What was your experience with BB/CC in-home extended warranty. (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Of the two companies, Best Buy, Circuit

City who would you rate the best to

perform in-home TV repair or calibration

service. Were you completely satisfied

with the service and would you recommend

it. Thanks.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I personally have no experience with this (and I hope not to either), but Im pretty sure that neither provide any kind of calibration services. And if they did, I dont know that I would want them doing it. Repair is one thing. If I were you, I would consider finding an ISF Certified Service in your area to do any calibration etc. If you visit the ISF homepage at imagescience.org (i believe is the URL) there is a searchable database to find certified technicians in your area etc.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Gerard,
I'm with Jason on the being careful with considering either company as a source for "calibrating" a video display.
If you want to save money, maybe pick up Avia or Video Essentials and give it a shot yourself.
If you're willing to spend some money ($300-500), then a good ISF Tech would be the way to go. Here's a thread discussing ISF calibration: ISF CERTIFICATION, COMPARED and DISCUSSED
BTW, you didn't indicate if you're considering purchasing, or whether you already have a unit (and what that unit is). That info might help us give you further ideas (i.e., a full ISF Calibration on a 27" TV might be overkill).
Regards,
Mike

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The blue-tinted Hitachi that I sold to my parents is testament to how badly a Circuit City technican can screw something up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks