What's new

What was this movie? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was a movie that came out in either the late '70s or early '80s--probably made-for-television--that kind of followed in the footsteps of Duel. A guy in a generic van was going around killing people who made him mad on the road. That was the key difference between this movie and Duel--he stalked more than just one person. And, he'd either put in a tape to signal he was after somebody, or music was just always played on the soundtrack when he was making a kill. Because of this, the movie was always known in the family as "fiddler on the highway." I get absolutely zero hits when searching on this title, however.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From the description at wikipedia, I think this was a lot more grisly than the film I'm thinking of. I was a small child and my parents let me watch it, but Roadgames has severed heads and everything!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wish I could help you out Greg! But I can't think of anything that resembles it? Good luck buddy...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. My search isn't helped by the fact that, while searching for "'road rage' movie van," there's a movie starring Casper Van Diem called "Road Rage."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Just before the HTF took a dive for the day, I found the answer by going through a by-year wikipedia search of made-for-TV movies. It is called "Death Car on the Freeway," and it features a pretty big-name cast:

Shelley Hack, George Hamilton, Frank Gorshin, Peter Graves, Dinah Shore, Harriet Nelson, Barbara Rush and Abe Vigoda.

I was missing it because I tend to use the term "highway" over "freeway." Now, the chances of seeing this again are pretty slim, unless I look for someone who tape trades old broadcasts.

Death Car on the Freeway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks