What's new

What was the highlight of 2007 for you? (1 Viewer)

shawnMbrown

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
2007 was mainly a carry-over from 2006.. Neither really have been all that great... I can say, that I am still alive though and that it is a good thing... As it turns out, the highlight for the year was graduating with a Master's Degree on my 32nd birthday (Dec. 15)...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My wife and I spent a week in Yellowstone National Park this summer. It was my fourth trip there (and my wife's third), but we had the best wildlife viewing of all our trips. W spent several mornings and evenings watching a wolf pack from a relatively close distance of about 200 yards (which is very close for observing wolves). We also had several grizzly adult/cub sightings, one black bear adult/cub sighting, and got caught surrounded by a herd of about 40 big horn sheep near the top of the Mount Washburn hiking trail.

My signature has a link to my photo website, where one of the featured galleries is from this trip for anyone who might be interested.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My 2007 highlight is that my mom survived both an emergency surgery as well as a battle with cancer. It was a rough year but as we head into 2008 everyone is relatively healthy and happy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Way to not take these things for granted. Reading your post, I was reminded that my father had a triple bypass a few months back. That didn't stand out only because everything went so smoothly, which is something I should be more thankful for.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
In May, my wife and I travelled on our second trip to Russia (our first was in February) to finalize the adoption of our beloved daughters and bring them home with us. Our house, too quite for too long after the death of my son in December, 2003, is filled with noise, clutter, and laughter. Life is good.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Highlights, probably finishing the Catskills hundred highest, which is a mishmash of hiking, bushwacking, and social engineering to get permission to hike peaks on private property. Being the first official finisher is not a bad accomplishment too. Also, finishing the Adirondack 46r in August on a spectacular day on Rocky Peak Ridge is also a nice hiking achievement, on to the White Mtns.... and the winter 46..

Jay

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
- Getting to say hello to Anna
- Social Distortion show at the Chance in Poughkeepsie
- Making up with a friend I had a falling out with in 2005.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
- Ringing in the new year (07) back home with my family for the first time in some 11 years.

- Father's day weekend with the kid in my home.

- Japan.

- This last week in Paris. I really needed to get away and I am glad I did.

Otherwise, 07 kinda sucked.

--
H

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Howd you like Japan? Its on my list of things to do before I die. I've always wanted to go there.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I got to travel back to a place that I lived as a child and loved dearly. I hadn't been back in 35 years. It is a controlled access, US Trust Territory, Kwajalein, M.I. so not just anyone can get there very easily. It was a dream come true and my whole family got to live vicariously through my trip to a place where as a family our times where simpler, exotic and every day was an adventure.

And of course everything looked a lot smaller....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks