What's new

What was the first DVD that started your collection (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Blade and Starship Troopers were dvds that actually came packaged in the box with my 1st dvd player. Hellofa intro to dvd, don't you think?

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
My first disk (way back in May of 1997) was Eraser, followed by Blade Runner and A Time to Kill. I also received Batman and Goldeneye in the mail for the purchase of my player.

Aaron

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Andrei Rublev CC.

Saw it in the rack at Tower Records, gave a double-take and circled back, noticed stuff like "previously unreleased version suppressed by Soviets". as well as something called a "commentary track" and other extra features listed on the label... this stuff was all new to me then ...and so I bought it!

And the next day I bought a DVD player.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I started my collection with the purchase of Wild Things and Top Gun. One of the main reasons I picked these discs is because they contained pan-and-scan versions of the films, which I prefered back then. It wasn't long after I was introduced to DVD that I became an OAR evangelist!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I started my collection with the purchase of Wild Things and Top Gun. One of the main reasons I picked these discs is because they contained pan-and-scan versions of the films, which I prefered back then. It wasn't long after I was introduced to DVD that I became an OAR evangelist!
Yeah, the ability to see both Neve Campbell and Denise Richards in the same frame must have convinced you right away that widescreen was the way to go! ;)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I ordered three at the same time:
Taxi Driver (SE)
Yellow Submarine
The Thing
Unfortunately, I ordered my DVD player from some place that took over a month to deliver it...it was utter torture waiting for my player to arrive!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
My DVD collection started X-MAS of 2000 with the T2:UE, Aliens:SE, and Lethal Weapon (Original Version.) I got my player the day after Christmas, I was so happy :D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
American Beauty & Fargo, purchased at--ahem!--Blockbuster.
Please forgive me, I wasn't yet a HTF member at that time. :D

Ike

Screenwriter
I guess I got The Gauntlet (a Clint Eastwood flick) and Kubrick's The Killing first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks