What's new

What was the first DVD that started your collection (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
My DVD player came with a coupon for two free DVDs from Columbia House and I got Goodfellas and Se7en. I upgraded to Se7en Platinum when it came out. I've since lost the Goodfellas flipper (which I don't miss too much) and am waiting for the SE version.

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Since my ex girlfriend and myself went to go pick up my dvd player (on shear impulse which Ithink was the greatest thing, like something was telling me to go out and get one) I bought a few disks some that she would enjoy some that I would, in total I got

Nutty Professor

Ghost in the Shell

the Negotiator

the Matrix

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
When I bought my first player, I also picked up Starship Troopers (which had just been released that day) and All the President's Men.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
My very first DVD was BATMAN, which I ordered with the player. A couple of days later I went to Suncoast and bought every DVD title they had:IN THE LINE OF FIRE, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, and the BELA LUGOSI Collection(two Z movies from the forties). Those were the days!

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
The Matrix

Got it for Christmas a year before I had a proper player. I had to watch it choppy on my work laptop until last year.

I'll hit DVD #100 with the 20th Anniversary edition of Tron. Somewhat fitting, don't you think?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix and Gladiator for Christmas last year. They came with my first DVD player.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I bought four dvds with my first player

Xiu Xiu: The Sent Down Girl

Happiness

Forbidden Planet

Strangers on a Train

Hard to believe that was only in October of '99 and I've purchased 5 players and over 200 dvds since then.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I will never forget that first shopping trip. Both were music-related.

Amadeus

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Saw The Thing with commentary at a mates and realised why it was worth upgrading.

Changed my slow 24x CDR to a 16x/40x DVD-ROM and grabbed Alien in a sale on the way home in Blockbuster. COOOL!

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
Lot of Contact's here.

My first three, bought at same time:

~Contact

~The 5th Element

~The Matrix

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks