What's new

What was the First concert you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
Day on the Green 1976 - Eagles/Steve Miller Band/Heart/Foreigner/Atlanta Rhythm Section

Christ, that makes me feel old...

Most recent is The Gossip, which was a couple weeks ago. That girl's voice is amazing...

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
My 1st concert was Jefferson Starship at the Wisconsin State Fair in 1982[Winds of Change tour].

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
robert plant with his now and zen tour i think it was 87 in the winnipeg arena, with joan jett and the blackhearts opening, fantastic!!!!!

frog

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobby
David Lee Roth with Cinderella as the opener at Reunion Arena in Dallas. I believe 86?

That summer I went to the Texas Jamm (Boston, Aerosmith, Poison, Tesla, Whitesnake, etc...) at the Cotton Bowl. Nothing like having a huge outdoor concert in an outdoor stadium with about 50,000 people in Texas in JULY!!!!!

Metallica in Chicago. All by themselves...no opening act. I believe they were touring to support "The Black Album". Then the only other concert I've been to was Metallica in Las Vegas...the "Summer Shit Tour" (I think). Openers included Suicidal Tendencies, either Judas Priest or just Rob Halford, Candlebox, and someone else.

I know I need to get out more.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Grand Funk Railroad and a riot broke out so when we lrft they had 250 police lined up outside. There was no more troble,must have been around 1970.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oingo Boingo, Fall of 1986 (I believe) on October 31st in Irivine CA. Saw them two more times (on Halloween) after that. Best damn concert I've ever been too and most likely will ever go to.

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Either ELP's Brain Salad Surgery Tour 1973 or Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies Tour also 1973.Third concert was Mott The Hoople at The URIS Theatre w/Queen(on thier first US Tour)opening.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Electric Light Orchestra at the Boston Garden in 1981. My dad took me for my 16th birthday. It was horrible: they played a "medley" of their hits focusing on their new album. And the acoustics at the garden mixed with high-pitch violin solos hurt my delicate ears.

Oh, and I loved every minute of it and will never forget it!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My first concert: David Lee Roth on the "Eatem and Smaile" tour. It was frickin awesome!!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Day on the Green - Night Ranger, Eddie Money, Pretenders, Triumph and Scorpions. That was a hell of a first concert :D I fell asleep standing up, because we got up really early to get a good spot near the stage.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
My 15-year-old girlfriend and her sister dragged me to see Air Supply at Mesker Music Theater, Evansville IN, in the summer of 1982. It was exactly how you might imagine an Air Supply concert to be. I've spent the rest of my life trying to purge it from my memory....

Bill_Mis

Stunt Coordinator
1977 Queen with special guest Thin Lizzy at the Richfield Coliseum. Best double bill show I have ever been to and it was my 1st. Queen was supporting A Day at the Races and Thin Lizzy was doing Live and Dangerous.

John Gido

Second Unit
I remember it like it was yesterday (I was 15):

Madison Square Garden, Thanksgiving Day 1974

Support Act: KiKi Dee (I Got The Music In Me)
Headliner: Elton John
Special Guest: John Lennon (Whatever Get's You Through The Night, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, I Saw Her Standing There).

The "Here And There" CD documented the show. Probably one of my most memorable concerts I've ever been to.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Hank Williams at the Opry in June of 1949. Can't say I remember much about it.
Skipping forward, Janis Joplin in 1969, Evanston Illinois and the Doors (w/ Jerry Lee Lewis opening) at the Forum in LA, January 1969. Given the times, I can't say I remember much about those gigs either.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
1992, Faith No More opening for Metallica and Guns and Roses (RFK Stadium).

Actually, this was my first rock concert. I had been to quite a few classical music concerts before that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks