What's new

What was the First concert you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Zane Charron

Second Unit
REM on the Green tour 1989 atthe Orlando Arena (not TD Waterhouse Center). I was 13 or 14 at the time.

BTW ThomasC, who is the girl in your sig?

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor

I believe it was the Good Rats! Wow, thanks for jogging the old memory for me. And I saw the Black and Blue tour in your neck of the woods at Nassau Colliseum. We may have even been at the same show... did you see a kid, way too young, mouth agape and stoned - freaked out by the burning crosses? That was me! ;)

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure what the first was:either Emerson,Lake & Palmer on their Brain Salad Surgery tour at Madison Square Garden or Alice Cooper on the Billion Dollar Babies tour at the Nassau Coliseum.Third show I know for sure was Mott The Hoople & Queen at the Uris Theatre on Broadway.Mott's The Hoople LP tour and Queen was supporting Queen 2.Not a bad start heh?

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
My very first concert was The Dead Milkmen at Mudbugs ( a hole in the wall bar in Tucson AZ). I was 13 years old and the only reason I was allowed in was because I knew somebody who worked there.

The next concert I saw wasn't until I was 18 and I saw Sting for his Mercury Falling Tour.

and the list goes....

Madonna (DWT)
Depeche Mode (Exciter Tour)
Poe(opened for Depeche Mode)
Tori Amos (SLG Tour)
Rufus Wainwright (opened for Tori)
U2 (Elevation)
No Doubt (opened for U2)
Rush (30th anniversary tour)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Aerosmith, I think during their Pump tour. I was in high school, and my uncle brought me. Philadelphia Spectrum. Jakal opened. Lots of fun.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff

TommyJD, Did you happen to catch Ian Hunter last year. I saw him here in Ft. Wayne and the show was very good. Sparsely attended though.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

:D

I'm pretty sure I saw Black and Blue at MSG actually...but for some reason I can't remember. And I'm not telling why. But it has absolutely nothing to do with mind altering substances. Absolutely nothing. Really. I swear. ;)

Hal

Grip
August 26th 1964, The Beatles at Red Rocks.

Couldn't hear much over the screaming.

Wolf

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I'm only 20, so bare with me, my parents took me to this show when I was in 7th grade. It's the first real concert I remember going to.

December 5, 1997

Opening Acts: Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews Band, Smashing Pumpkins

Main Act: The Rolling Stones

Bridges to Babylon tour. :emoji_thumbsup:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
QUEEN, Madison Square Garden, September 1980. 25 years ago, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. Opening act was a one-album, no hit band called DAKOTA.

Now I'm even MORE jealous. I never knew Angel ever made it to NYC!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Fall of 1982 - I was 14 and a freshman in high school. I saw Iron Maiden open for Judas Priest. Maiden was supporting The Number of the Beast, and Priest was supporting Screaming for Vengeance.

Excellent show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Adam Ant Friend or Foe tour, with opening act INXS. This was back when Adam had a full horns section. It was awesome (to borrow an eighties expression that seems appropriate).

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Sir Cliff Richard -- 1961 Summer Holiday Tour.
We're all going on a summer holiday,
No more working for a week or two,
We're going where the sun keeps shining...

The Kinks when I was 11... 1969.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

My father saw the Beatles in Mexico and said the exact same thing. He said he paid $8 for his ticket and all he heard were screaming woman....

Hal

Grip
I think I paid $6 for the ticket. But I wouldn't have even BOUGHT one if I could have gotten there without a ride from my parents. It was easy and fun to climb all over Red Rocks back then but my parents would have frowned on my "crashing" the gig.

Which sucked. I had several interesting concert experiences at Red Rocks including a Jethro Tull gig where a riot broke out. Nothing like flutes and tear gas...

Wolf

RobertW

Supporting Actor
summer 1977. foreignor, after their second album came out. opener was walter egan(magnet and steel).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks