What's new

What was DS9's last episode? (1 Viewer)

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Was the last episode og DS9 when everybody left? Warf went to be the Klingon ambassador and O'brian went to Earth and Cisco was with the Prophets. I would think that was it but it didn't leave me with the feeling of finallity. Can anybody confirm?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You are correct. The episode was entitled "What You Leave Behind...".
I would think that was it but it didn't leave me with the feeling of finallity.
I don't think it was supposed to. I believe we're meant to believe that Sisko's story was perhaps not done - that a return from the realm of the Prophets was possible.
I loved the last shot with Kira & Jake in the viewport pulling out to show the entire station. Great last shot for a great show. Can't wait to buy the DVDs!! :D

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I can't express in words how much I miss this series! That final season was easily the best television programming I have ever seen!

I too am eagerly awaiting the DVDs!!!!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
DS9 is one of the most underappreciated, well done series. From beginning to end, it was a better written, better played, and better acted series then other Trek around it. It had the misfortune of being syndicated while Voy had a home, but the quality of acting was superlative.

DS9's tie ups, small, arching stories that lasted for years, but a consistent growth of the characters, was something that was missing from many other "Trek" shows

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup, DS9, the bastard child of Trek. What a great, underappriciated show. All these people whine about Babylon 5, which IMO is a weak pretender to DS9's throne

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I don't know if I'd called syndication a misfortune. I've seen plenty of worthy shows go off the air because they weren't syndicated. Syndicated shows are guaranteed a certain amount of episodes, a show that isn't syndicated has to pray for the ratings. A bad timeslot can kill an excellent show. Take a look at Space: Above and Beyond. Had it been syndicated it would probably still be around, it was a great show, with great effects that got consistently better throughout the season. It easily has the best first season of any sci-fi show in recent memory, including all of the star trek series. Saddly, the show premiered the same year Fox got their sports contracts, and so was shuffled around so much it never got a chance to build an audience.

Anyways, point being that syndication isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Uh don't Rag on B5 which was a great show in it's own right. DS9 followed on much the same path right unto the end with Sheridan going beyond the Rim, and Sisko going with the prophets, B5's Shadow War and DS9's Dominion War. They were joined at the hip and which one "Borrowed" from the other has been argued to death. They were both very good series. DS9 evenmore so in it's relation to the other Trek Shows was the Best in character arc and storylines

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I miss DS9. It had way more finality to it than Voyager did for me. With Voyager, I felt glad that the show was over.

Jon

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first 3 episodes of DS9, but started watching from then on. I LOVED DS9.It was a Saturday ritual to watch it at 7pm.Any plans Id made would have to wait until after 8 :D
Unlike alot of others,I think the show started to go downhill once Worf joined but there were some really great episodes afterwards.I miss watching Jeffery Coombs and Marc Alaimo(Wayun and DuKat).Watching the 2 of them exchange dialogue was a real treat.
BTW,I think DS9 blows Voyager out of the water-no comparing the 2. I cant think of any Voyager episodes that come close to(Im a bit rusty on the ep names) Blood Oath,Captive Pursuit,The Search Parts 1 & 2,The Sons of Mogh,Favor The Bold, Sacrifice of Angels etc

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Craig S. I was pretty sure that, that was the last episode. I wanted to be sure as I didn't want to miss any.

I agree with everyone. I liked DS-9 the best. I felt the character development was the best. I like how JonZ states he thinks it went down hill after Warf joined, yet some of the episodes he mentioned, i believe has Warf in them. Never the less, I missed a lot of the last 2 seasons so I used my UTV to catch the midnight reruns on Fox here in Seattle. Thank God for syndication!

I'm going to miss DS-9. Enterprise is so weak I can't see myself bothering to even try and follow it. I sure would like to see another SCI-FI series, Star Trek or other that has the depth DS-9 had.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
That only goes to show how highly I think of the first 3 seasons :D
As I said Im a bit rusty on the episode names and Im too lazy to look them up. Those are the ones I remember by name.
The show most certainly didnt "suck" once Worf joined. some of the best episodes were after he joined like some of the ones I mentioned. I think the last few seasons as a whole were a bit weaker than the earlier ones. For me anyways.

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I thoought the entire run of the show was really good. But, the last couple of seasons with the war was what I thought was great. I guess I like the battles. Like any show not every episode can be great, and DS9 is no exception. They definately had a few really weak shows in the last couple of seasons. They did however, make up for them with some of the battles.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
DS9 was a great show, especially when you consider the quality of it's successor, Voyager. Please understand that this is all IMO, but to follow up a show of such consistent good quality with one of such consistent poor quality was unfortunate.

Back to DS9 final episode: I was a little disappointed that Sisko didn't appear to Jake in that dream sequence at the end. It would have been a little more appropriate, I think.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At its best, DS9 was one of the best-written television series of all time. I fully appreciate the opinions of those who consider it the best Trek series of them all. Far from being the franchise's "bastard child" (that Voyager thing is the runaway qualifier for that distinction), it was simply Trek's most underappreciated incarnation (premiering as it did while TNG was still in full swing).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
All these people whine about Babylon 5, which IMO is a weak pretender to DS9's throne
I'm not a fan of either show.
But I'm here to tell you that B5 was DEFINATELY a twinkle in the eye of JMS long before Paramount started talking about DS9 coming along!
I know; I was there in the CompuServe SCI-FI forum (HOM-9) when JMS and David Gerrold were highly upset over what seemed like a kind of plagarism. It turned out not to be, but there were hard feelings there.
For those of you not-in-the-know, this was long after Gerrold's departure from the world of Trek, thanks to The Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Jeff, I'm sure your choice of words wasn't meant to convey that B5 was some sort of rip-off of DS9. It just came across that way. :) B5 was definately an idea first, even though it got made second.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks