What's new

What Warner Bros. TV-on-DVD are you looking forward to the most? (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Max Headroom - but only if they throw in the ads and a documentary on Max Headroom.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm with Charles and Bob. The older stuff, especially the westerns and detective genres, would be very welcome. But I'm not holding my breath.

Gary "definitely another case of a company being somewhat allergic to their older, b&w catalog - its highly unlikely any of those shows we want will be released in season sets at this point" O.

ElizM

Agent
Real Name
There's also a TV movie mini-series I want. It's called Young Catherine about Catherine the Great in Russia and it was fabulous. It starred Christopher Plummer, Julia Ormond, Mark Frankel and Vanessa Redgrave. It was so well done with a great cast. For years, I have wanted this on DVD.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the classic detective shows: I think there should be a compilation box set of episodes from 77 Sunset Strip and the other B/W shows that followed on ABC. Like the TV Favorites series, this could whet the public's appetite and lead to proper season sets.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Great idea; Sony did something similar a few years ago with it 1970s era police shows. They included the premiere episode of "Police Woman," "The Rookies," "Starsky & Hutch," "S.W.A.T.," and "Charlie's Angels," if I recall correctly. It would be a great way to "test the waters" on these older series.

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I would love to see Falcon Crest on DVD and the TV Mini-Series Lace & Lace 2 from 1984-85

Charles H

Screenwriter
MAVERICK
CHEYENNE- Season 2
HAWAIIAN EYE
77 SUNSET STRIP
WARNER BROS PRESENTS (Sans the CHEYENNE episodes already released) and with the Gig Young promos for upcoming WB product.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Night Visions (2001), the only one of the several anthology sci-fi/supernatural-horror/fantasy series to (come close to) get(ting) it right.

Bogged down only by those annoying mini-morals of that useless rock star at the beginning and end of each episode.

caperchick

Grip
Real Name
Annette
The only one from Warner I want released right now is SCARECROW AND MRS. KING.I love this show and I am really pi$$ed it is not out yet.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
MAVERICK (Season sets)
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968, Hanna-Barbera)
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (the first season, anyway)

I'd support a "TV Favorites" sampler of 77 SUNSET STRIP, especially if it included "Reserved for Mr. Bailey" and "The Silent Caper"; I've been wanting to see those episodes, in particular, for quite some time.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
I would like more MGM Television shows

How the West Was Won
Courtship of Eddie's Father
Mr Novak
Dr Kildare
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Daktari
The Thin Man
The Man & Girl from UNCLE
Then Came Bronson
Father of the Bride
MGM Parade
Nation Velvet
Logan's Run

TV Movies:
Babe
Phantom Of Hollywood

Turner Documentaries:
Hollywood The Golden Years: The RKO Story (1987)
The Lost Stooges
MGM: When The Lion Roars

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Oh yeah, if we're also talking made-for-TV movies, another prime contender from Warner's TV division (via Lorimar) would be the classic gnomes-in-the-bricked-up-chimney-threatening-Kim-Darby epic, DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK (1973)...

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Eight Is Enough,Freddy's Nightmares(This has been released in R2.Why not R1?),It's A Living,Real People(Perhaps a best-of release icluding KISS taking off the makeup and The Unknown Comic "de-bagging" himself) and We Got It Made.Of those,Eight Is Enough has the best chance of being released.Freddy's Nightmares maybe.But the last three slim to none.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
I think We Got It Made is part of the MGM catalog still owned by MGM so there is still a chance

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I think there's a lot of potential if they did a Max Headroom set. If only Warner could see the potential in not just doing a bare-bones set... if they do a set at all! I'm dying to hear from the creators of the show. I'm also very curious if anyone saved any material, since the story at the time was that the first six episodes were created longer (like the British origin film) but then had to be cut because they never realized the length needed for American TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks