What's new

What video cable to use. (1 Viewer)

Devin*M

Auditioning
I am converting a detached garage into a Home theater and I am at the point to where I am running wires. I bought an Infocus X1A projector and I am want to know what video wire should I run for this projector that will give me the best video image. Some of the things to consider is that I will be using thins projetor not only for movie watching but also for, regular television (satellite), and gaming (xbox...upgrading to an Xbox 360 when i can finally get my hands on one). I will be projecting onto a screen goo screen with excellent ambient light control. Also of note, i will need to run 15'-20 feet of cable to reach the projector.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'd run a quality S-video cable along with a VGA cable and a coax cable. (hehe that's 3)

It pays now to have the wires run while ur making the theater so you don't have to add it later.

If you plan on upgrading the projector. (Which is very feasable)

Then run a component cable and maybe even a DVI cable.... That's something to think about as well. Would be costly now, but you'll be glad if u end up getting somthing that can take advantage of it.

It's definitely no fun if you end up getting a projector that only has DVI-out and you gotta use an adapter to change it to VGA cause u didn't run DVI.

I'm not so much a videophile though, so think of this as just some food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks