What's new

What Velodyne is up to... (1 Viewer)

RobertD

Auditioning
TLC just started season 3 of Robotica, one of the many RC robot shows now on. If you watch, you may catch a robot called Da Claw . What you may notice from the show is that the robot is one of the few "walking" robots that is competitive these days. What you may not notice is that the designer / driver is none other than David Hall, founder of Velodyne. Variations of his bots have also appeared on Battlebots and Robot Wars (the TNN version).
Anyway, just thought others might find this interesting.

Randy G

Second Unit
and here I thought you were gonna tell us that perhaps Velo was gonna come out with a new line of subwoofers that have self-contained parametric eq..... :^)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Oh! while i was flippin through the channels i came across that robot show and noticed the velodyne logo on one of them. i was meaning to flip back after the commercial but forgot.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I saw that last night, and I was amused. It also goes to show you that even putting thousands of dollars into a robot doesn't guarantee it to win. (It got beaten in the finals in about 5 seconds.)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks