What universal remote to get

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by vasia, Aug 20, 2004.

1. vasia

vasia Stunt Coordinator

Hi, Can someone recommend an inexpensive (maybe 40-50$) universal learning remote for 7-8 devices. I've had Radio Shack one, but it died and it did not interact all that well with my receiver (could not switch a source using it for example). Any budget universla remotes with good receiver function set?

2. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

www.remotecentral.com

You will find reviews, forums, as well as a "remote selector" to help you find a remote that meets your needs. I would say that any of the remotes made by "one for all" will fit your needs. Just make sure it is a "learning" model so that it can learn codes from your factory remotes. Also, you will find that the OFA brand remotes support extensive "discrete codes" which can be found on the internet and entered into the remote. Discrete codes are often not even available on the factory remote and include features like seperate ON and OFF buttons, and direct access to sources like CD, DVD, TV instead of having to scroll through each type.

3. vasia

vasia Stunt Coordinator

Thanks!