What's new

What type of walls are good for home theatre!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Adrian>G

Agent
I was wondering is soundproofing the room the way to go, I seen a friend of mine who has a soundproof house by o'hare airport chicago. His dad is an architect and said they used a special rubber padding in between the walls and also in there home theatre. I read here that quite walls foam or wood is the way to go. ANYONE use this or have opinions please post it.

thanks

Adrian

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone DUCK! Here comes Wayne's room within a room post :) Just kidding Wayne.

You should just do a search. This is a well discussed subject in this area.

Here is a good site, even though its a retailer, with information and products.
http://www.truesoundcontrol.com/prod...dproofing.html

I myself am going to use resilient channel (do a search you will find tons of discussions) on my ceiling. $3 per 12ft piece, R19 insulation and possibly 90lb tar paper. I even have this crazy idea of putting vinal flooring on my ceiling but I doubt I will try it.

You can also do staggered stud or double stud walls. There are also products like quiet rock that are supose to absorb and block sound but I don't know what they would do to sound quality.

And yes, you can even do the dreaded (but best solution) room within a room.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
I used a variety of techniques. the front, left, and right wall of my HT are just 2X4 studs with insulation (they butt up against the concrete foundation). The back wall is a staggered stud with 2X8 foot and sill, and 2X4 studs. The whole theater was RISC-1 clips from pac international (a resilant channel system). Also double stuffed (mmmm....oreo's) insulation in the back wall and ceiling. Good luck.

Adrian>G

Agent
why do they call it a 'room within a room". its it just adding layers to each side or or floor.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Adrian room within a room is exactly that the inner room floats on rubber and is in no way directly connected to the outer room.

This is a direct quote from Wayne A. Pflughaupt and the best discription of what is done. You can also search for his name to find more information on this technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks