what type of switcher/hookups are best for set up i have

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by hef, Dec 18, 2002.

1. hef

hef Auditioning

i have the hitachi 65twx20b, and i need to hook up my xbox also, i already have the two component in's filled with a DVD and hdtv. i don't want to lose quality in any way by going through a switcher. i'm most likely getting the denon avr1803, but i don't think that's a good way to go either. what would work best for what i need done and is the simplest(for set up) way to go about this without spending a arm and a leg?

thanks

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Do a search for JVC component switcher that seems to be the favorite for High Def in these parts...doesn't hurt that its only $80 and looks sharp.

3. JoseEduardo

JoseEduardo Second Unit

I have the JVC switcher and it is just awesome, hooked it up to my Xbox and playing NBA2K3 in 720p (upscaled to 1080i) in my Toshiba is just amaizing, the picture quality is perfect. I got it for $74 at www.etronics.com

4. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

I use the cheap Rectocon S-video/Composite switcher for Component switching and its works just fine. Hell, I use Composite Red/White/Yellow as my Component cables on my XBOX and HD receiver. If there is a picture quality difference, I can't notice it.