What's new

What type of subwoofer finish do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Two questions:

1) What type of subwoofer finish do you prefer?

a) black
b) silver
c) maple
d) cherry
e) rosewood
f) piano black gloss
g) other (please specify in thread)

2) Out of these finishes, what are your top three choices?

Thank you so much!

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
Cherry #1
Maple #2
Rosewood #3

I am tired of the basic black, and the piano gloss is too hard to hide the dust.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Peter

I guess Dr. Hsu is in the cabinet finish planning stage with the new VTF-3HO and VTF-2HO models.

Your question doesn't deal with an important factor in choosing a cabinet finish: price.

Personally, if price is the same regardless of finish, I would go with wood every time. Certainly, if we are talking about real wood veneers. For me, maple and rosewood are tied for first place. Smooth matte black a distant third.

If Dr. Hsu can bring in the VTF3-High Output in maple for the same price as black, as he is now doing (and was doing with rosewood), with the current VTF-3, that will be a real coup! Let's bring these new models in with a bang. An introductory price of $899 for the VTF-3HO in maple would be a great start!

Thanks

Artie

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
SVS black.

I would seriously want a smooth truck bed liner material (epoxy) on my sub, with rounded corners. This is how JBL does some of their stuff (sorta) - very durable, hi-tech, and doesn't stand out.

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Artie!

We still have some important details to work out on the new HO products, pricing being one of them, but I will make sure to let you all know more as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks