What's new

What type of Satellite system(s) do you have? (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Questions:

Does anyone know if one can get Dish and ExpressVu using the same hardware?

Can 2 different receivers (example, DTV and ExpressVu) be hooked to the same TV?

Thanks!

Joe

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
any one know the max # of boxes you can hook up to 1 sat. do you get hbo and max for free? if you buy a hd recever and sat is your monthley bill more than regular?and can you hook up both a hd box and a sd box to the same sat?

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I've been staying away from a dish setup for a while, due to the cost of the startup (purchasing the hardware basically)...

But this past Thursday, while I was at work, a Rogers Cable tech showed up, and installed a signel "trap" (as they called it) on my line. I pay for all analog channels, between 1 and 75 or so, and they blocked out everything above 24. I call in around 1 pm when I get home, and ask what the hell is going on with my cable, and it turns out they installed the trap on the wrong house, it wasen't even the right street (or even had a similer name)... None the less, I told them to get their asses over to my house and to fix it NOW. They say it's not possible, and they should have somebody out by next THURSDAY.

Yes, that's right folks, a 7 day period in which I do not have the service I pay my hard earned dollers for, because they can't read a street sign. Either way, I have to wait until Monday for a manager to be in, and I am demanding this month's cable free for my trouble, and my cable be hooked up again properly by 5 pm Monday as well, or a dish solution here I come.

Sorry for the rant, but wanted to explain one big reason why I am considering a dish, and that reason is Rogers. They ruined the local broadband internet service, making me have to switch providers, and now the television as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks