What's new

What type of movie or what specific movie in general is the most offensive ever (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
what I meant was is , do you get offended by blood and guts, language, nudity, ect

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
what I meant was is , do you get offended by blood and guts, language, nudity, ect
With ect being Robin Williams weeping.
Yes watching this ham get all teary eyed in some sanctimonious lump of manipulative shite like Patch Adams, What Dreams May Come, Bicentenial Man, Jacob the Liar and a half dozen other such films is offensive to me.

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
I'm, personally, offended by very little. Crash and 8MM were "close" to offending me.
I agree with Brian:
The movies that really offend me are ones that insult my intellingence.

Ike

Screenwriter
I'm really offended by....nothing. Well, nothing legal, anyway.

But, in your thread title and in your original post, you made it seem like you wanted specific films....

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Rules of Engagement is without a doubt the most offensive movie I have ever seen. I probably can't even explain why without violating the forum's ban on politics, but essentially the movie claims all little arab kids are gun-wielding terrorists and killing unarmed prisoners of war is OK, especially if they're Viet Cong, because, the Viet Cong would have done the same thing, and would admire you for it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
A completly disgusting movie.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What offends me? Big-budget crap like Armageddon and Batman & Robin. All that money, and that's the best they could come up with?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Mercury Rising.

The CIA agent bumps off that autistic kid's parents...why?

The autistic kid doesn't know what that code is, so how would he be a problem?

I hate movies with plot holes like this...

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
I hated Mercury Rising too, but that isn't the most offensive type of movie. I would have to say movies like Requiem for a Dream (even though it was very well acted and very realistic), Armageddon (stupid and waste of money), and Freddy GOt Fingered types.
Later

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Much like several of my HTF contemporaries, I'm most offended by the simpering audience manipulation so prevalent in shit like Patch Adams, Double Jeopardy, Stepmom, Jack, The Other Sister and I am Sam.
On a purely moral level, I could see how stuff like Bloodsucking Freaks and I Spit on Your Grave could be quite offensive. The Faces of Death series, in particular, made me a bit nauseous. (I saw two of 'em and they're just nasty.)
Also, I have a big problem with what I see as "sure-thing sequel product" flicks. Mindless and lazy junk like The Mummy Returns, Batman & Robin and Blair Witch 2. The producers seemingly know for sure that 'name recognition' will ensure a healthy payday, so there's no motivation at all to make a quality piece of entertainment. There are always exceptions to this rule, but they seem pretty few and far between.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
An intresting thing about the Batman Movies is that Warner thought the first two movies were too "dark", they thought "Hey lets make it funny and campy" so they brought in Schumacher who totally distroyed the series.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm offended and disgusted by the lack of nudity in todays horror films, back in the 70's you could always count on naked girls running around screaming while some horror thingy was chasing them (or did I dream that), and Hammer Horror films were always great value for money, it was almost impossible to have a Hammer vampire flick without at least one lesbian vampire biting some babes breasts (hang on while I open a window), check out the classic 'Vampire Lovers', the sublime 'Lust for a Vampire', or the incredible 'Twins of Evil', which had the gorgeous Collinson twins sans clothing and....[member faints].

SIGNATURE PHOTO OF NAKED VAMPIRE BABES REMOVED.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Ones that annoy me are the typical brainless teen movie and movies that rely on special effects and offer little in the way of intelligent plot, insight, character development, etc.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Really Steve. I mean theres hardly no T&A in horror films anymore. Thats what their lacking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks