What's new

What type of diff should I expect going from a 20-39CS+ to PB12-Plus/2??? (1 Viewer)

jonathanR

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there:

I'll be building a new home here in Cali starting the beginning of next year. Roughly the HT room will be 18'x15' @ 10' high. Right now in my apartment I'm using a single 20-29 CS+ w/ a sampson 700. I wanted to go dual, but couldnt afford or even find room for it. Now I can design the room just about anyway I want it. I'm thinking about getting an SVS PB12-Plus/2. What type of difference in db or power should I expect? Would it be the equivlant of dual 20-39 CS+? Any ideas??

Also where could I look to find more info on sturctured wiring and what type of approach I should consider in terms of audio/video/secuity/data/ whole house distribution.

Thanks.

Jonathan

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
You will get just a little bit more headroom.

Why not just get another 20-39CS+?? You have the extra amp channel just waiting, and it is a lot cheaper. And dual cylinders will give you slightly better performance than a dual sub box because the cylinders have more volume, and more port area.

I have dual 16-46CS+s with the s1000. I call them my twins. nothing gets by them.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

No actually it wouldn't. If the option is available to you, I would go with the collocated dual with the possibility of upping your amp along with picking up a SS filter down the road if needed? Your performance gain would be quite healthy indeed. Another option would be to sell what you have now and pick up a couple 20-39PC+'s or PB12-Plus's. Admittedly the latter would be more work and $$, but the final outcome in both scenarios would be a major boost in performance and headroom. You would have the (headroom) 16 Hz tune available for a option also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks