What type of diff should I expect going from a 20-39CS+ to PB12-Plus/2???

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by jonathanR, Sep 29, 2005.

1. jonathanR

jonathanR Stunt Coordinator

Hi there:

I'll be building a new home here in Cali starting the beginning of next year. Roughly the HT room will be 18'x15' @ 10' high. Right now in my apartment I'm using a single 20-29 CS+ w/ a sampson 700. I wanted to go dual, but couldnt afford or even find room for it. Now I can design the room just about anyway I want it. I'm thinking about getting an SVS PB12-Plus/2. What type of difference in db or power should I expect? Would it be the equivlant of dual 20-39 CS+? Any ideas??

Also where could I look to find more info on sturctured wiring and what type of approach I should consider in terms of audio/video/secuity/data/ whole house distribution.

Thanks.

Jonathan

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

You will get just a little bit more headroom.

Why not just get another 20-39CS+?? You have the extra amp channel just waiting, and it is a lot cheaper. And dual cylinders will give you slightly better performance than a dual sub box because the cylinders have more volume, and more port area.

I have dual 16-46CS+s with the s1000. I call them my twins. nothing gets by them.

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

No actually it wouldn't. If the option is available to you, I would go with the collocated dual with the possibility of upping your amp along with picking up a SS filter down the road if needed? Your performance gain would be quite healthy indeed. Another option would be to sell what you have now and pick up a couple 20-39PC+'s or PB12-Plus's. Admittedly the latter would be more work and $$, but the final outcome in both scenarios would be a major boost in performance and headroom. You would have the (headroom) 16 Hz tune available for a option also.