What's new

What TV would be perfect for me? (1 Viewer)

Brent Lumkin

Stunt Coordinator
Forgive my ignorance, but I know next to nothing about what to look for here. I would like to get a decent HDTV to finally make the most of my 360, and just to get with the times. This would be for my bedroom, so I need something in the 19'' or 20'' range. To get even more specific, I'm looking for a price point in the $200-$300 range. Anyone wanna recommend something for me?

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
You will be limited to widescreen LCDs in that size of HDTV. Your price range will not get you a "decent" picture, if any. Cheap LCDs do not deliver a very good picture. Spend more and you'll get better picture quality.

You would do well to start investing some time toward online research about HDTV. A more knowledgeable consumer can get more value from a limited budget. Your ignorance is your own responsibility to resolve. Start a search for "HDTV" on Google and you'll find an endless list of resources. Your only limitations will be your time and aptitude.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Brent,

Do you need a "full" TV-set in your bedroom, or just a monitor function for your 360?

In the latter case, you could also check out some of the newer PC monitors, some of which have true HD resolution (e.g. 1920 x 1200).

It might indeed be just above the budget you mentioned, though.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks