What TV Stand to use with Sony 36" Wega (FS13)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Perry Jonkheer, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer Second Unit

Well... The TV stand I ordered from boltz.com is no good. My TV and receiver both do NOT fit correctly. So I'm sending it back. Can anyone please recommend a nice stand to use with this set? Something bewtween $200-$400 would be great. I don't like the tech craft or Sony stands. It has to be able to hold a Yamaha receiver, DVD player, and a cable box.
    Thanks.
    ------------------
    "Who's this guy? I don't get it."

2. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

Perry, I just bought this TV and bought a matching stand made from Techcraft from Sears. I forgot the model number, but it has a "36" in it. I think Circuit City has them as well. It costs $199.

3. Dennis Kindig

Perry,
    I bought a Bush stand from Best Buy for around $179. It is very well made and Bush has been outstanding on customer service.
    The glass doors were glued into the frame at a angle. They shipped new doors to me within 3 days at no charge, and have a lifetime warranty on their products.
    Dennis

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Whatever the case, make sure the stand is rated to support all that weight.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

5. Perry Jonkheer

Thanks for the replies guys... I'm looking for something a bit nicer than anything at Best Buy or Circuit City. Has anyone ever used "Salamander Designs" before?? I just found a dealer close to my home that sells it. You can check it out here.
    Thanks again.
    ------------------
    "Who's this guy? I don't get it."

6. Dennis Kindig

The main problem I had with stand options was that the TV weighs 225 pounds. None of the general-purpose stands were capable of handling that much weight.
    The Bush stand is designed specifically for the Wega. The area below the TV has enough room to hold my VCR, DVD player, DBS box, Sony preamp and Sony receiver (using the receiver as an amp until I finish building my monoblocks).
    There are also two fairly good-sized drawers below the equipment space that hold all my remotes and cleaning gear.
    Dennis

7. Perry Jonkheer

Dennis,
    Where can I take a look at this stand on the web??
    Thanks.
    ------------------
    -- Chicago is New York done right. --

8. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

9. Dennis Kindig

Perry,
    Check out the Delta, #VS88736. Note that it is specifically described as a stand for a flat-screen TV.
    Dennis

10. BrentB

BrentB Extra

Which Bush model do you recommend? Also,does ayone have any experience or knowledge about the Bush stand that has the TV swivel on top such as model# VS39736
    . Will it hold the weight of the Wega's??

11. Allan Mack

Hi Perry,
    You might also want to check out some of the stands from Boltz-USA
    They've got some pretty nice looking stands, albeit a bit out of the price range you specified. I wish I had known about them before I bought my TV...

12. Perry Jonkheer

Allan,
    I already bought a stand from Boltz USA. I bought the black steel one they have on sale. It's not big enough though and the rear post gets in the way. I'm sending it back asap. Their new ones for $499 are much better though. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm dying here. I'm trying to stay away from the fake wood stuff.
    Thanks.
    ------------------
    -- Chicago is New York done right. --

13. BrentB

BrentB Extra

I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't phrase my question properly. Does anyone have any experience(or thoughts) with the Bush models that have the swivel tops for the larger wega models(36')??
    Will these Bush models(i.e.#VS39736)with the swivel tops support the weight of these heavy sets??
    Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm a (newbie) here and buying one of the new Wega's and would be grateful for some assistance with this(besides the opinion of the sales person)
    Thank you

14. Allan Mack

BrentB,
    I'm not familiar with the Bush stands, but I do know for a fact that at least one of the new Sony WEGA stands swivels on the bottom of the base, not on the top.
    Specifically, the stand is the Sony SU-36FS13, which is designed for the KV-36FS13 and KV-36FV27 WEGA models. There is room inside to hold two components.
    I have seen this stand in person and have swiveled it myself. It has the Sony logo on the bottom front, and there is a strap in the back that prevents the TV from tipping forward.
    Unfortunately, Sony's websites are terrible, and the swiveling feature is not mentioned. In fact, I don't think it's even listed yet on any of their websites.
    I can scan a photo of the stand if you want; just e-mail me and let me know which model of WEGA you have...