What's new

What TV Shows need further research? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Last Christmas I got a book on the history of the Bonanza tv program, and it was fairly good on a few aspects. It had a pretty decent appendix with listed a great many of the shows toys and tie-ins.

As for Star Trek, Dr, Who and other such programs, they have been investigated, researched, checked out, ad infinitum but what programs would you like to see book on? I'd like to ones on such westerns as:

High Chapparal

Big Valley

James

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Good question. Trying to think of shows that I'm into that there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on. Let's see...

- Studio One

- Saturday Morning cartoons in general, from the 1950s to 1990s

- Gene Autry and The Lone Ranger

- Early 50s sci-fi, including Tales of Tomorrow and the serials that were being broadcast at the time

- News on television between 1948 and 1963

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Forgot about

The FBI (or perhaps a book on Quinn Martin's TV Productions)

Salvage 1

Garrison's Gorillas

James

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Is there a really good book about the Carol Burnett Show? There's too many books on Saturday Night Live, I Love Lucy and Star Trek, but nobody ever did a Carol Burnett book? Not even a indie/cheapie trivia book? Come on, now~~

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'd like to see a reference book/episode guide book for Mannix and Quinn Martin's TV productions.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
To James and Richard,

There is a reference book with a broad overview perspective on Quinn Martin and his production company with chapters devoted to each and every one of his TV series from the UNTOUCHABLES to A MAN CALLED SLOANE...there are good chapters on THE FBI, THE INVADERS, FUGITIVE,12 O'CLOCK HIGH, THE NEW BREED, BARNABY JONES, CANNON etc...with plenty of good anectdotes from directors like Michael Caffey and Ralph Senensky, actors like Mark Richman, Lynda Day George, R.G. Armstrong just to name a few...the book is "QUINN MARTIN, PRODUCER - a behind the scenes history of QM productions and it's founder" by Jonathan Etter ( Mcfarland trade pb 2003) foreward by Walter Grauman...it should still be available...I got mine from Oldies.com...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks