What TV Should I Get For My XBox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay_Scott, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Jay_Scott

Jay_Scott Stunt Coordinator

This has probably been discussed numerous times her, but I'm looking to upgrade in my television department. I currently have a Hitachi Ultravision 52' screen, rear projection. Anyway, had it for a while now and I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger screen, also a wide-screen as well as High Definition. Thing is, I've heard rear projection isn't good to use with video games. I have an XBox and am currently playing it on the Hitachi...thing works fine. I'd like to get the best of the best in this department. And well...I'm wondering what the best is. Any help?

-Jay

2. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Rear projection or front projection? Price limit?

-Dan

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I salute your decision to buy a TV based on your game console. If only more people would make this decision and enhance their HTs for gaming from the start...

4. Jay_Scott

Jay_Scott Stunt Coordinator

As for front, or rear projection, I'm looking to go with rear as it seems a bigger picture can be found from those, but if you nkow something I don't...please share. I mean, if I could find a 61 - 70 inch front projection television, I might go with it. I was looking at the plasma's but those are really way out of my price range....well, for the big ones anyway.

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Jay, by front projection I mean a stand-alone projector such as the type used by a movie theater with a seperate screen. I asked what your price limit is because the sky is the limit when it comes to audio/video gear.

The Toshiba and Pioneer/Pioneer Elite rear projection sets in the 60"-70" size are well regarded. Toshiba's are around $3000+ for a 65", and the Pioneer sets are a bit more.

These sets are out of my price range, but I'm sure you can find many owners & recommendations in the TV Forum here.

-Dan B

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Whoohoo! My 1000th post. :b

7. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Plasmas are not good for gaming anyway. They are WAY too sensitive to burn-in.
    In my opinion, Front Projection kicks. I have the Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector which is HDTV compatible and has native 16:9 support. It was built for widescreen. [​IMG]

8. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I'll second Haris' view. I have an older Sony VPLW400Q projector firing to a 133" diag 16:9 screen. Halo looks awesome that large [​IMG]
    Bigger is better, remember that [​IMG]

9. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor