What TV should I chose???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel V, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Daniel V

Daniel V Auditioning

Can anyone tell me wich TV i should buy??
    I've made my own home theater, and it is finally complete, but I still need a new TV. The one that I have is a small blaupunkt 24"! It's much to small......
    But I am only 15 years old, so I don't have that much money... But I am thinking of at least 32", widescreen, 100hz. Can anybody help me out???? thanks.......

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

What is your budget precisely?

3. Daniel V

Daniel V Auditioning

Well, I don't know how many money it is in your valuta, but in danish valuta, it's about 15000kr.! I don't know, if you know, how much it is in your valuta??

4. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Daniel,

I doubt that anyone here can help you choose the exact TV monitor you want. There are just too many variables! Your best bet would be to do a lot of shopping, narrow your choice down to two or three favorites, then post the brands and model numbers here for people to comment on.

Good luck!

Jan

5. Daniel V

Daniel V Auditioning

Yes, I guess your right! OKay, thanks for your help.
    I will then do some shopping, I guess.....

6. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well Daniel I used an online currency converter, and if it was accurate your 15000 Kroner is about 2000 US dollars

for that price you could get a number of nice tv's

the first thing i would do is decide whether i wanted a RPTV or a direct view. then you can start looking around for what fits into your price range. personally i would be looking at the Sony 32HS500 or perhaps the Toshiba 36HFX71, or i believe the Panisonic tau fits your price range, as well as the sony 32" XBR

I personally dont like RPTV's so i cant reccommend one

Cheers
    John

Hope this helps

7. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I think we need to remember that Daniel is posting from Denmark, a country that uses the PAL broadcast standard and where non-HD widescreen sets are fairly common, as is widescreen tv broadcasting. Unlike the situation in the US, widescreen sets in Europe are not all HD-ready, and thus are not hugely more expensive than 4/3 models of similar screen size.

Model numbers for US sets are going to be totally irrelevant as they are not going to be available in Denmark, nor are there going to be models there that are going to spec out anything like US models.

I could be mistaken but I think when he mentionned 100hz sets that would be sort of equivalent to a US set capable of displaying 480p vs one that only does 480i.

I don't think there is an HDTV standard or any significant plans to broadcast anything equivalent to our HD in Europe.

Also rptvs are probably very few and far between in Europe, but I get the impression that LCD based ones are more common there than here.

8. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

well then disregard my post, i know absolutely nothign about standards in europe

9. Johnny wilson

Johnny wilson Stunt Coordinator

15 years old and wants a widescreen tv? Cool. Let me get this straight though. You have $1,500.00 to spend. I don't even have $15.00. You musta been saving me lad.

10. Daniel V

Daniel V Auditioning

Hey...
    Yes, you are right! I'm very good at saving money! Every time I want something new, I save all the money I can save!
    I don't go to party's, I doesn't buy anything at that time!
    But I just wants to tell you that I don't have the money yet, but that gives me alot of time to think about what I should buy! And it takes me a year to earn that much money!
    So, i'm not that rich! :)

11. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

still daniel when i was 15 i couldn't make 2000 US in one eyar... good job

12. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm 20 and broke [​IMG]
    Well...not broke, but my money goes out as fast as it comes in...mainly on laserdiscs now [​IMG]

13. Ash

Ash Auditioning

Hey daniel

Good on you to be able to work & save so well. I recently bought the LOEWE PLANUS - 32" widescreen, 100HZ, upgradable features. It may be within your budget, or you could save some more!

14. Julio

Julio Agent

no one can't be more broke than me I'm 28 no job but with CREDIT CARDS lol [​IMG]

15. Daniel V

Daniel V Auditioning

Hey..

Yes, you are right! I have a very good job, an I earn the money I need... This is a very expensive hobby! I've already used above 4000US dollars, on Home Theater equipment! It was my cousin that got me in to this! And i'm very happy about having this as a hobyy!

Bye the way: If any of you have ICQ installed, then let me have your ICQ numbers, then we can chat a little that way!