What's new

What to wear to a Diana Krall Concert? (1 Viewer)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Crazy question - I know....

I know what I would wear to a Billy Joel concert - jeans and a polo.

I know what I wear to the symphony - a suit or better.

What do I (and my wife) wear to a Diana Krall concert?

Business casual? A suit? Khakis and a casual shirt?

For those of you who have went to one of her concerts, what was the typical dress?

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. My wife and I are going to the concert tomorrow evening at the Midland Theater in Kansas City, MO.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I've been to her shows and there are folks wearing everything from jeans and T-shirt to black tie formal wear. I would suggest a dressy casual look myself(dark pants, nice sweater). Have fun and tell her Hi from all of her Nanaimo friends(she's from here by the way).

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Whatever you do, don't be "that guy"--wearing a Diana Krall t-shirt to a Diana Krall concert.* :)
-mwb-
*Thanks to whatever movie I heard that from originally.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
When selecting what to wear, don't use the artist as the deciding factor; use the venue. If it's at some club, go casual. If it's at some Carnegie Hall-type place, dress up a little.

Slacks and a jacket should cover you in any case.

Or, you could do what I do: dress like shit and stare down any people that look at you funny.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
If you want to be a big hit, you should probably dress based on a theme from one of DK's albums. One choice would be from Love Scenes: All or Nothing at All or for the more modest, Your'e Getting to be a Habit with Me.

Users who are viewing this thread