What's new

What to use when auditioning widescreen RPTV's? (1 Viewer)

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
What DVD's would you recommend that I take with me when I go to shop around for RPTV's? I'm already planning on taking "The Fifth Element" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". Any others that you would recommend as a "reference quality" DVD to do this with?
Thanks!

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I like using Gladiator as one of my reference disks. The opening forest battle scene has a number of images that can trip up an RPTV. In particular, look at the arrows and spears sticking up into the air at an angle. You are looking for jaggies and crawling along the edges. Another place to look is on the medallions and chain holding the emperor's cloak. You should be able to make out all the details and there should not be any shimmering or artifacts.
Another disk is Jurassic Park II, the scene where the helicopters are bringing in the new equipment. If you look at the barred windows on the armored lab vehicle as it pans from left to right the bars should be stable and solid. If they shimmer or the color flickers there is a problem.
Good luck,
------------------
Dan
[Edited last by Dan Driscoll on November 13, 2001 at 11:36 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks