What's new

what to use to audition new sub? (1 Viewer)

richard plumb

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for DVDs/chapters to use to audition a new sub.
I'd like a few suggestions for oomph and also control. Hopefully I'll either have some of them, or I can rent them for the auditions.
thanks in advance.

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
Try any of the depth charge scenes in U-571. Sorry I can't provide chapter numbers off the top of my head.
Opening sequence of Toy Story 2 is nice as well.

richard plumb

Stunt Coordinator
I've got Das Boot, but not U571. I was thinking the same thing though - there are a few nice depth charge sequences.
I'll have to check out Toy Story 2 too (sorry)

Matt Bloxham

Agent
Hi Richard, what a small world it is, I was born and raised in Southwick, Sussex. I now live in Albuquerque, NM a change to say the least!
Back to your subject:
The Haunting DTS version
Titan AE
The Matrix
U-571
All are great movies and have lots of sub activity in them!
Enjoy :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
When I bought my sub I was using the launch scene in Apollo 13, I think Chapter 11 and the buffolo stampede in Dances With Wolves, either Chapter 11 or 12. If you want to test your sub with music, I suggest anything with a stand up bass. This instrument really comes out in the sub.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Toy Story 2 opening sequence is possibly the single most strigent subwoofer test that I am aware of. No other movie I have seen matches that test. If your sub can pass ot at moderate to high levels, then it can handle real bass. Titan A.E. is another good test to use.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks