What's new

What to use for foam in speaker box? (1 Viewer)

Matt:Brunmeier

Stunt Coordinator
I'm building a couple of bigger boxes right now and it's come to the point where I need foam. The egg shell stuff at Parts Expres is kind of expensive ($5 for 24"x18") so I'd really like to find something a little cheaper and a little closer (I don't have time to wait for shipping).

I've heard people suggest carpet padding before, is that a viable solution? I've also heard talk about the pink insulating board you put around a foundation will work, I'm not sure what it's called but it's pretty cheap (and fun to break).

Does anyone have suggestions for what to use, or where I might be able to get acoustic foam locally (in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area)

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
You can get various stuff at your local crafts store. Go back to where the pillow stuffing is.

Foam mattress pad - about 5 bucks at a discount store. Some are even shaped like the egg shell stuff.

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator
I use the mattress foam pad all the time, works great, by the way use an electric knife to cut it, cuts it like butter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks