What's new

What to look for ; recommendations (1 Viewer)

Sean_J

Agent
Hello-
I am interested in purchasing a home theater reciever. Now I haven't had one before. I saw a RCA reciever that is model number STAV-8008 (or something like that). That was a nice reciever- but it was worth like $400.

My budget is around at a maximum of $150-175. Now I was wondering what would you recommend I purchase; what home theater reciever could I get for the budget?

Also; I am looking for a reciever with a couple basics; ESP/Special presets for sound like HALL. I am also looking for one that has DTS ES and DTS. I am looking for one with a remote.

Any help is greatly appriciated- any comments about what to look into and what you have found good let me know, please.

Matthew Z

Auditioning
For $150 I'm not sure you can get DTS on an A/V reciever.

You might want to look for some used Recievers on Ebay.
I have bought and sold some reliable products from ebay.

Good luck and happy hunting.

—matt

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Sean_J

I haven't had much experience with this brands, at least in recievers. But I did a search on Etronics.com and found this brands in the price range you are looking, almost everyone had DTS/DD, but I don't know for sure how they will perform.

Technics SA-DX750 Home Theater Receiver $150
Panasonic SA-HE70K Home Theater Receiver $160
JVC RX-6020VBK Audio/Video Receiver $165
Pioneer VSX-D411 Audio/Video Receiver $169
Pioneer VSX-D511 Audio/Video Receiver $189
Pioneer VSX-D711 Audio/Video Receiver $224

If I were you, I save a little more, and go for
Pioneer VSX-D811S Audio/Video Receiver $300

This last one you can check for reviews in this forum, you will find very good reviews and comments, it has the best options for the price.

Or maybe you can buy a used reciever.

Hope this helps,
Pablo Abularach

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks