What's new

What to Do? (1 Viewer)

Don*A

Agent
Want to make some changes to my gear and looking for thoughts especially if someone has done the same. I am running separates and want to free up some rack space. So I am thinking about going back to a Receiver. Here is what I have and where I want to go.
Now:
Pre/Pro - Rotel RSP 1066
Front Amp - Halo A23
Center Amp - Parasound HCA750A(bridged mono)
Surround Amp - Parasound HCA500
Tuner - Halo T3
Will Sell the above for cash for changes. for reference
Speakers:
Front ML Clarity, Center & Surrounds ML Fresco, Sub ML Grotto
DVD&CD - Denon 3910
Proposed Changes
Receiver: Denon 3805
PS Audio Power Director
Second Grotto Sub
Will be able to due all this with cash from sale.
Want the rack space to add a High-end CD Player, a Video Processor and a turntable in the future.
Also bigger rack is not an option.

Dean_S

Second Unit
I'd make a major change to your new list. Forget the PSaudio power director for now and upgrade the recvr to the Denon 4806 (not out yet, $3500) or the 5805 ($6000). The reason you want the higher level Denon's are for the MultEq chipset in these two models (room correction). I won't go into what the MultEQ is but you can find an article about it on audioholics.com. I listened to the Denon demo of this technology at CES and it's absolutely a must have!!! I believe that Pioneer will be introducing recvrs with MultEQ later this year and have also heard that Sony and one other brand (not HK but I can't remember who is) are going to have it as well.

Dean_S

Second Unit
I listened to the 4806 at CES but I don't know the release date. I also don't know the exact specs. The Denon trainer guy that was doing the demo claimed that the 4806 is really the replacement for last years top of line (sorry, don't have that model number) and the 5805 is the new flagship and should not be considered the replacement to the old top of the line. It seems like the 4806 had fewer amplifier channels then the 10 or 12 that come in the 5805 and has a few less features (most notable but not important to me since I don't do whole house audio) fewer extra zones and fewer capabilities in the secondary zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks