What to Do With Xtra Receiver and Sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Wolters, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Jason Wolters

Jason Wolters Stunt Coordinator

After doing a little holiday upgrading I was wondering if anyone had any ideas with what I can do with an old Pro Logic Pioneer Receiver and a 60 watt Aiwa 8" sub. They both are spares. What can I tell the wife to make my new purchases look brilliant?

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Bedroom rig..

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Or you could try selling them on EBay. As far as the wife is concerned, let her ears do the convincing for her, like I did with my wife. Tell her prologic is long gone, like I did with my wife. Let her buy a new carpet, like I did with my wife.

4. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

If the sub has speaker level connections you could use it as a surround sub for the back of the room. This would essentially turn your surrounds into full range speakers. Set the surrounds to large and the sub will get anything below the subs crossover point. and the surrounds will get only what's above the crossover. I have a sub for each surround setup this way and love it. You'd be surprised and how much bass is in the surrounds.