What to do with old TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tim Adams, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Tim Adams

Tim Adams Extra

What have most have you done with your old RPTV's when you upgrade? I have a Mits. 55857 that according to Orion Blue Book is worth $1500 used. Has anybody had any luck selling them outright, have you traded it in? Just looking at options, as I may want ot upgrade and I don't need or want 2 RPTV's.

2. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

Since upgrading to front projection I have my abandoned my Mits 55809 and its now sitting in the corner in my bedroom uplugged for 3 months now.
    I cant see see selling for less than half($1500) for what I paid for it. Any one can go out and buy a brand new 55" inch tv for around $1500. I think im stuck with mine unless I sell for less than grand?. No thanks, I guess Ill order an extra HD box and use it till it dies
    Rick

3. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

^^ with that Logic, in 10 years, I would have to start using them to sit on [​IMG]

4. JackLonn

JackLonn Agent

Since I've gone the FP route I moved my 55" RPTV into the family room. I had planned to watch HBO on the FP, but the image quality, well..., it sucks at 100". So, the FP will be used for only DVD/LD. Personally, I wouldn't sell my RPTV for less than $1,200 but I don't think anyone would shell out that much cash for a 5 year old 4:3, regardless of how great the picture is.