What's new

What to do with KENWOOD - KM-X1000 POWER AMP(s) (1 Viewer)

Bill Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
I have 3 NEW KENWOOD - KM-X1000 POWER AMPLIFIERs that I got from my grandfather... We ended up NOT using them for a project, so after collecting dust, he gave them to me...

I was originally going to find a preamp for them, but there really isn't that many choices out there... and I think these amps are OVERKILL for my livingroom, not to mention, stacking 3 amps, 1 preamp (Can you say $1000 for a 5.1 preamp), 1 DVD, 1 VCR, this won't look that swell in my living room... and the time I save up $$$$$ for a theater an my basement, these amps would be outdated... So I opted to sell them...

So far I sold one for around $300.00 (on E-bay), which is pretty good seeing we paid $400-$425 each 3-4 years ago seeing they were blowing them out...

I plan on putting the next one on e-bay soon...

Now my question...

As you all know, I am looking @ kenwood VR-509, VR-510, and Onkyo 595... Out of all three of these amps, the Kenwood VR-510 has pre-outs for ALL 5.1 channels... I am wondering if I should keep ONE amp, get a VR-510, and use one of the amps for the main L & R's? Seeing they are 130 watts x 130 watts, and have a 0.01% THD?

Or is it best just to dump all 3 of them, take the $900, get the Kenwood or Onkyo, and my Jamo Apollo satalites... and be done with it...?

Thanks for any input...

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks