What's new

What to do with four Tempests? (1 Viewer)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

Since this is primarily for HT use, I would recommend doing a vented design. The sealed Tempest will sound great, but you'll miss out on the extreme lows that make subwoofers so fun.

You could do a single vented Tempest or dual Tempest in one sonotube(one firing up and the other down).

OK, final design questions here.

I'm definitely going with an Adire Aligned vented 214L.

Endcaps will be constructed of two layers of 1" MDF, with a 1/2" void free plywood cap that extends beyond the edges of the Sonotube.

Driver will be downward firing, ports on the top.

Power will be a QSC RMX850 bridged to put 830W into 4 ohms.

My questions:

1) When the heck can I post links? It's kinda hard to ask for input when you can't give links...

2) How is port displacement figured for the FP-3? Is it based on the internal diameter, or the external? What about the flare? I've looked for a CAD drawing of one, but haven't found anything... Will my 2.5+ inch endcaps affect the necessary port length?

I think I've got everything else figured out, I've got CAD drawings of every piece I need, I plan to do all the cutting tonight & then assembly later this week once my parts arrive. I may edit this with more questions, but right now that's the only question I have (gotta be able to calculate my Sonotube length).

Gregg

Sonosubs are nearing completion (bulding two), I'm painting the first one now.

I have virtually everything I need except internal wiring & connectors.

It didn't take much searching here to find that I should be using standard female disconnects to connect to the driver & terminals, but there seem to be multiple sizes of disconnects...

What size should I be using? I assume I'll need to match both the Tempests and the terminals I'm using.

I can't post a link (still under 15 posts), but my terminal is PE #260-309.

Also, I assume the 10-12 I see with disconnects is the wire gauges they will accept?

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks