What to do with an extra 54L enclosure

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Peter DeWitt, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Peter DeWitt

Peter DeWitt Extra

I am making an 85L Vented enclosure to go with my DPL12. This will probably replace the 54L because I can just plug the port if I do not like the vented application and I’ll have a nice 85L sealed box. So what do I do with the 54L? I have no use for a sub anywhere else.

Maybe put a Shiva in the 54L and put it in the same room? Would it be hard to get them to sound good together since they are different sizes and the 85L will probably stay ported?

Would I have enough power in the 250W plate amp to run both?

2. george king

george king Supporting Actor

You can send it to me, and I'll even pay shipping [​IMG] It will save me from having to build a 54L box for my Titanic mkII and PE 250 plate amp.

3. Peter DeWitt

Peter DeWitt Extra

I would but I would be too embarrassed. Since it was a prototype, I used scrap MDF and one of the pieces has four “experimental” holes I used for leg forming experiments from a previous project. They are not thru holes, but none the less embarrassing to show other DIY’ers. The outside could be finished but I would always know I used scrap. Do not get me wrong, it is solid, leak proof and performs great, but I didn’t post pictures because of fear of being laughed at. :b

My 85L will have all dovetailed sides and a maple plywood finish. Should look great with very light stain and a clear coat. Should be something worth showing. Besides with all the bracing, this sucker must weigh 20lbs or more.