what to do with a totally screwed up DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeff Leeds, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

I bought the movie FM sometime ago and finally got around to watching it the other day...err at least tried. The disk is discolored and will not work in any of my 3 DVD players, my laptop, or my desktop computers.

I can buy another one, return the defective one in place, and than take another wrapped one and give it away. Has anyone had any luck calling the company that made the disk, or sending it back????

2. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

I am not sure who made the disc you mentioned, but I have had goodluck returning defective DVDs manufactured by WAMO.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    You could put it in a microwave and look at the pretty colors...

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

If all else fails, I can only think of one thing to say.....Anyone for Frisbee?[​IMG]

5. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Jeff,
    Same thing happened to me recently when I finally got around to watching a disc I hadn't tried since I bought it some time ago. I just took it to a local store and told them I'd bought it and didn't keep the receipt and asked if I could do a straight exchange since it was defective. I gave them my old copy and they exchanged it without a problem. Just tell them you bought it not long ago but didn't keep the receipt and when you finally tried it out it didn't work in your player. Some place should exchange it for you.

6. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Right. As they should. Remember that you have paid for a license to view the disks, and if they don't work, it really isn't YOUR problem.

Interestingly enough, I started on the 2nd season of Felicity today, and they have an on-line regestration site, so I can get a quick replacement of any defective disks that I have.

Glenn

7. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, I think I'll try taking it to the Wherehouse which is where I think I bought it in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions and the peanut gallery too for the microwave and frizbee suggestions too!!!!![​IMG]