What's new

what to do with a totally screwed up DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the movie FM sometime ago and finally got around to watching it the other day...err at least tried. The disk is discolored and will not work in any of my 3 DVD players, my laptop, or my desktop computers.

I can buy another one, return the defective one in place, and than take another wrapped one and give it away. Has anyone had any luck calling the company that made the disk, or sending it back????

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I am not sure who made the disc you mentioned, but I have had goodluck returning defective DVDs manufactured by WAMO.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Jeff,
Same thing happened to me recently when I finally got around to watching a disc I hadn't tried since I bought it some time ago. I just took it to a local store and told them I'd bought it and didn't keep the receipt and asked if I could do a straight exchange since it was defective. I gave them my old copy and they exchanged it without a problem. Just tell them you bought it not long ago but didn't keep the receipt and when you finally tried it out it didn't work in your player. Some place should exchange it for you.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Right. As they should. Remember that you have paid for a license to view the disks, and if they don't work, it really isn't YOUR problem.

Interestingly enough, I started on the 2nd season of Felicity today, and they have an on-line regestration site, so I can get a quick replacement of any defective disks that I have.

Glenn

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I think I'll try taking it to the Wherehouse which is where I think I bought it in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions and the peanut gallery too for the microwave and frizbee suggestions too!!!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks