What's new

What to do with a secondary SVS driver (1 Viewer)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I was wondering if any of you guys out there were going to build a passive sub and use the old SVS driver for it. If so, what sort of design will you use? Any ideas where to get plans for one? What I'm looking for is either a sealed or ported design that will go down to 20Hz. Preferably box design but tube is acceptable. Thanks!

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Just make a copy of the sub that the driver was designed for. Use the same volume/port size and you'll have your old SVS sub back.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
My brother-in-law want to use my old SVS driver to make himslef a clone SVS but since we dont want to take my 20-39CS apart we are looking for some type blueprint to clone the 25-31. Please let me know or point me in the right direction if you can.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why clone the 25-31 when you have the 20-39 right there? Go find some 16" wide sonotube, measure the length of the sonotube. Measure the length of the port and its width. There you go.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
The reason to clone the 25-31 is because the place where the sub is going to go will not accommodate a 20-39.

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking the same thing, take a sono tube(got plenty at work) and make one, except take some wood venier and make me a copy of the SS model instead of the fabric. I think they sell ports on the SVS site, along with the grill. I would only have to make up the base, a couple rienforcments for the inside and something to fasten the driver and grill to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks