What's new

What to do when Google Reader shuts down? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Apparently the ability to search is a planned feature, but no ETA. It's handy when I think of an article that I want to send to a friend, but that didn't necessarily interest me at first glance (and thus did not see a reason to save).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's dead. I exported my data last night. I've got Feedly installed and synced on my iPad and iPhone. I still prefer MobileRSS HD. Feedly is too much style and misses some basic usability. But Reader is dead, and I'll see if Feedly or something else is usable now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Using Feedly this week and its growing on me. Its actually a very well designed app, once you discover a couple of few non-obvious controller gestures. First, short left swiping a headline causes it to dim and its marked as read. But keep the swipe going and the whole screens worth of entries are marked as read. Swiping up and down flip between screens of links, but do not mark as read (so browsing RSS feed does not make them go away, as they annoyinging did in google reader)And it doesn't share MobileRSS's bug, and actually can take you to the website through the RSS title link. I'm growing to like Feedly quite a bit.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I need to give Feedly a try although I've managed going cold turkey w/out RSS for a few weeks so far -- I was only using Google Reader for (fantasy) baseball stuff plus Android-related stuff and a little bit of some other stuff.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks