What's new

What to do in Prague.. (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
My friend and I are going to Prague at the end of the month?
Any must see or eat type things you can recommend? Even a place to stay? Any advice at all really!!!!!!!!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
We were there right after the wall fell but since no one else has piped up....
The castle & the charles bridge but Prague is just a cool city to walk around and explore. We were there before the prices went up. I remember being in a club and Pilsner Urquell was 7 cents a bottle...hence I don't remember a lot:D :D
We stayed at the Hotel Europa right in the main square. Cool 20s hotel but I am sure it is $$$$ now.
Have a great time!!
Grant

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I would assume to try there spaghetti. I mean a spaghetti sauce has that name so it's gotta be good!

(disclaimer.. i dont know what the hell I'm talking about);)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I had a similar experience to Grant's. I was there in the summer of '90 on a Eurail pass with some buddies of mine and though we didn't have a lot of money, we were treated like kings with what money we did have. For ten bucks each, we had three full-course steak dinners apiece (starved college students that we were) and unlimited Urquell and Budvar beer. We left the waitress a twenty dollar tip between us and she practically burst into tears with joy. Needless to say, the place was starved for the American dollar at the time. I remember Prague as being the most beautiful city I visited in Europe, including Vienna and Paris. The beautiful rust-colored roofs of the buildings, the bridges, the friendly people, and the amazing history of the city were things I'll always remember. I'm not sure where to stay anymore, and I'm certain Prague has become a tourist trap, but make sure you visit Hradcany Palace. It's a very beautiful and imposing edifice filled with a rich history. Hope this helps.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I second the palace tour. Prague was a bit more touristy when my wife and I went there in '96. So, don't expect to find 7 cent Urquells anymore. :frowning:

A lot of backpacking college kids there!

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I've heard the women are great looking there too and a fair amount of the people there speak some English. There's a show on PBS that Rick Steve's does and it's quite informative about traveling through Europe on a budget and neat places to visit and do. I'm not sure if he's been to the Czech Republic though. Hope this helps some.

Paul__A

Grip
I was just there last month. While it would have been great to have had 7 cent pilsner urquell, beer was still cheap compared to the states. For a half liter of beer figure about 35 czech crowns or so in the clubs and nicer places, 25 in the smaller bars. Great food can also be had for reasonable prices.

Prague castle and the St. Charles are must sees, the Strahov library is also very cool. On the west end of town is a smaller version of the Eiffel tower, where you can get a view of the city or run around in the mirror maze if that's your thing. And if you've a good memory, walking around the old town square you can spot the scenes where the first Mission Impossible was shot. :D

As was said earlier, Prague is a cool town to just walk around and explore, just walking around during the day you'll see lots of wonderful buildings, artists selling their work and the occassional marionette show on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks