What's new

What to do about Samsung HDTV, buy now or wait? (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Ok here is the deal. I have definately decided Thta I am going to purchase a Samsung digital TV. I have been waiting for Uncle Sam so I can get the TV. Well, return came yesterday, so now ready to go. Here is the problem:
http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...gk.0&oid=50205
The new ones have 3/2 pulldown ( I will be getting a progressive scan DVD soon enough, have regular now). I also have a Dish, so the DSP chip to convert analog to digital isn't really that big of a deal.
I am a computer buff, and I know tech is changing ultra fast and golden rule is to upgrade when you want to and not wait for new tech because something new is coming out everyday and if you wait, you will be waiting forever. Do I buy now? Or wait till June when the new ones come out?
Decisions, decisions,decisions. FWIW, I am currently watching an 8 yr old 25" RCA TV!
Thanx for the input!

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
You're right Mike, you can wait forever waiting for the new technology. So, what you need to do is weigh your budget, the features you want and how much longer you can live with what you have now. For example, if 3/2 pulldown is something you think will be a necessary feature to have then I'd wait. I'd also wait just based on the fact that as the new models are rolled out, the old models should come down in price.

good luck,

--tom

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I was going to wait until I found the TSL3294HF Brand new, full warranty, delivered for $960. At that price, it was certainly a no brainer. I am going to swap my regular DVD for a progressive VERY soon and I guess I will have to live without 3:2 pulldown for now on signals from my Dish reeiver. NO biggie. Saved tons of $$ so I am thrilled!

Should have my new baby next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks