What's new

What to do about DVD player? (1 Viewer)

ScottyH

Agent
Real Name
Scott H
So i purchased a Sony 5-disc DVD player from circuit city late august. Come december first it stopped playing DVD's. Well it will play the DVD's maybe 10% of the time and cd's maybe 50% of the time. Other than that it just keeps saying loading on the dvd player. I paid about $185 for it and Circuit city will only take returns for 90 days. So what should I do? I didnt abuse it or anything. Also the component outlets stopped working. So i saw that Sony has the Parts warranty for a year but i would have to pay for labor and shipping. Which sounds expensive. Has anyone sent something to sony before? How expensive is it going to be? or if anyone else has any other recomendations on what i could do pklease let me know. Thanks In Advance

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sony has local service centers. I would call one of them and get the minimum and maximum labor charges. A single disc name brand DVD player can be had for $50, so I would be leery about getting it repaired, but that is without knowing the repair cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks