What's new

What to do about all these DIVX discs?? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
I know, I know guys be easy :) but I went to a buddies house to check out his new Denon 3801 and noticed that he still had about 25 or so DIVX discs. He had at one time a Panasonic player that played them but of course we all know what happened to DIVX. His player died too a while back. I suppose there is no outside chance that these can be played on anything anymore and are coasters. Right? It would be cool to watch the Ghost and the Darkness (?). I don't know that this is on dvd yet....

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
It would be cool to watch the Ghost and the Darkness (?). I don't know that this is on dvd yet....
In pan & scam!?! Over 90% of Divx movies are NOT IN OAR! I'd keep one for historical significance...and toss the rest...

...Oh, and to answer your question: There is no way to view these discs unless you have one of the very few Divx players that were un-locked for Circuit City big-wigs...

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I believe that DIVX had some sort of compensation plan for people who had been suckered into buying their product, back when it was announced they were going under. Unfortunately, I think your friend is about a year too late to take advantage of it.

The only options is to turn them into coasters or Christmas tree ornaments. I got four DIVX discs for free from a guy I know and proudly turned them into coasters by getting some peel-and-stick felt pads at Wal-Mart.

No, I'm not kidding.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Surely no self-respecting proud DVD owner would dare to desecrate their Christmas tree with DIVX discs! Coasters, on the other hand, ...;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
If you've ever had the perverse desire to watch things meltdown in a microwave, here's a great chance to do so. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've heard you can damage your microwave by putting anything metal in it, besides putting a DIVX disc in it might end up charging your credit card every time you eat :)
Check out the onscreen message when you play these on a DVD player without "The Divx Feature" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks