What to consider besides Mini-Monitors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan Lofgren, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Jonathan Lofgren

Jonathan Lofgren Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I'm going to be purchasing some speakers around Christmas and I'm wondering what you would recommend. I'm looking for 5 speakers(center, main left and right, and surround left and right). I auditioned a Paradigm set-up of Mini-Monitors, the CC-370 center, and Titans for rears. The total was right under $1000 Canadian so with the exchange that's about $630USD. I really liked how that set-up sounded, but I'm open to suggestions. I would like 5 speakers and I'm not worried about oh say below 60 hz or so. I also have usable "stands" so that isn't a problem. Any help is appreciated.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

If you are considering Paradigm Monitor, the PSB Image series is always worth a listen.
    Four 1B and an 8C; two 2B, two 1B and an 8C; two 2B, two 1B and a 9C. All sorts of combinations to consider. You may also want to consider stepping up to the Mon5 for mains with Paradigm as well.
    You'll definately have to give them a listen first (some people don't like horn tweeters), but with their high efficiency a lot of people dig Klipsch as well. Their Synergy bookshelf line should fit your budget.
    ------------------
    Dustin
    [email protected]
    My Adire Tempest Sonosub
    [Edited last by Dustin B on November 05, 2001 at 04:27 PM]