What's new

UHD What titles would you purchase on UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Two titles I really want right now are Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt2 but I am going to put them both off till they come out on UHD 4K Blu-ray.

Maybe waiting a really long time... Star Wars: The Force Awakens has no release date planned per Disney.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Maybe waiting a really long time... Star Wars: The Force Awakens has no release date planned per Disney.

Disney told me that they had no plans to release Star Wars: The Force Awakens this year so it would be a wait. But I honestly can not afford to keep double dipping even though there are some titles I would replace with 4K UHD titles. Most of my purchases will be 4K UHD and will be newer movies unless a big older catalog title comes out and is top notch from a 4K master. I was in the store and looked at the Star Wars preorder but I did not pre order it money is just to tight and I would rather have the 4K UHD. I will no longer be repurchasing movies in another audio format. As long as the audio track is good and has DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos or DTS X then I will be good with that! In the DVD days I would repurchase a movie just so I could have the DTS surround track but Dolby True HD is very good so no Dolby True HD to DTS-HD Master Audio. I do have titles on HD-DVD and DVD that will eventually and hopefully get upgraded to 1080p blu-ray and a few titles to 4K UHD.

I honestly do want to put it off but if money gets better I might just end up getting it on 1080p blu-ray but hopefully I put it off till later no matter how much I want the movie.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My 4K UHD Movie purchase list April 2016
Life Of Pi
Exodus: Gods And Kings
Kingsman: The Secret Service
X Men: Days Of Future Past
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will be buying both when they come out!

startrekstartrekintodarkness4kuhd.jpg

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Now would be a good time for the clean up and release on UHD of one of the greatest action films of all time - Where Eagles Dare.

Only that it doesn't look all that great for a variety of reasons, so they probably do not want to make this one of their first classic releases in the new format. The best chance would of course be to revisit it and also bring out a better Blu-ray and everybody would be happy.

Still in order for the new format to succeed with older catalg titles they should use titles that are not only popular movies but also ones that have a potential to look really good when releasd on UHD disc. I have to admit that many of my favorites would not make the cut but that is OK as they look just fine on Blu-ray which still is a great format.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
What WILL be the first true classic film released in 4K? Will it be Gone With the Wind? The Wizard of Oz? Casablanca? Lawrence of Arabia? Ben-Hur?

My money among these would be on Lawrence of Arabia followed by Ben Hur. This would also make the most sense if the studios are committed to staying faithful to the source and its intended look.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
And since I do not own Ghostbusters on video I will be purchasing it on 4K UHD this year.

12938312_1188185004533066_6877478180942837352_n.jpg

Come on Disney you really need to release Star Wars: The Force Awakens on 4K UHD!

star-wars-the-force-awakens 4K UHD.jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was at a local target and saw that they had concussion on uhd blu Ray. This is the first uhd blu Ray that I've seen in store at target.
Note target.com does have some other titles available online only.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Am thinking about getting Gods Of Egypt on 4K UHD.

Am waiting for Disney to join in and start releasing 4K UHD blu-rays, hopefully sometime this year.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I wish we would get a few more release dates for some of these. I'm scared most are going to drop in Nov/Dec... If they could sprinkle 10 releases a month I might buy several more of them vs 30-40 in the last couple months.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I do not make much money but I will be buying a few UHD titles this coming Friday. I should be buying a minimum of 4 UHD titles, that would bring my total up to at least 11 UHD titles. I also hope to hear about more UHD releases during the year and I hope there are some good titles coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks