What's new

UHD What titles would you purchase on UHD Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Those deer must have been retired, too. :)

Hopefully Amazon will be price matching Bram Stoker's Dracula soon. I hate shopping at the Walmart closest to our house. Besides, I still have some Amazon credits I could apply to the purchase.
I hate shopping at Walmart period which is why I only go there when I think the number of people there are limited.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Did you pretty much have the store to yourself at 4am, Robert? :D

Or...maybe you ran into some--interesting--folks. :laugh:
I think I saw one other customer. When they built this store, 4-5 years ago, it was one of their largest stores so it's strange shopping in it with just employees stocking shelves and cleaning floors.:)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just pre-ordered Terminator 2 4K UHD BD from Amazon!

Should arrive right before my birthday :)

So lets see when T2 arrives at my home this will be the 4th time I purchased T2!

My Terminator Collection.jpg

IMG_2148a.jpg

IMG_2147a.jpg

I love T2! but after I purchase the 4K UHD BD that will be the last time! So my question is what will be the next film in the Terminator franchise to get a 4K UHD BD transfer? Had to upgrade Rise Of The Machines from the Dolby Digital Plus HD-DVD to the Blu-ray with Dolby True HD. Now I really can not wait to get the money for a Marantz SR-8011 so I can play back the Terminator 2 in full DTS-X! But for now will enjoy it in DTS-HD Master Audio once it arrives and especially since the BD release I have is in the old DTS-ES.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Am wondering when WB will release Lethal Weapon on 4K UHD BD?

IMG_9557a.jpg

The original Lethal Weapon came out in 1987 so this is it's 30th Anniversary so I say great year for the 4K UHD to come out just in time for Christmas, hint hint! Or are we going to have to wait another 10 years for the 40th Anniversary?

Last edited:

fredl

Agent
On my instant buy list is (as well as upgrading the home theater to 4K):
Thomas Crown Affair (1999 re-make)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Home Alone and Home Alone 2
Ronin
Die Hard 1, 2 and 3
Jurassic Park

I know there have been 4K remasters for Ronin, Home Alone and Christmas Vacation so there's a chance.

Lethal Weapon is high on the list as well.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up Bram Stoker's Dracula at Walmart today for $19.96. They also had John Wick 2 available for the same price. I decided to pass on that one for now, as I think it will drop more and I have several things to watch right now (and hockey season is starting), so I wouldn't get to it for awhile anyway.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Am wondering when WB will release Lethal Weapon on 4K UHD BD?

View attachment 40934

The original Lethal Weapon came out in 1987 so this is it's 30th Anniversary so I say great year for the 4K UHD to come out just in time for Christmas, hint hint! Or are we going to have to wait another 10 years for the 40th Anniversary?
With the successful LETHAL WEAPON TV series reboot currently airing on Fox, I'd suspect that the original SHOULD be up for a special 30th anniversary reissue!

CHEERS! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since people got some use out of my Wal-Mart images, here was what my local Best Buy had on their shelves tonight.

I don't go to my local BB all that much any more. I was a little surprised by how many 4k titles were given shelf space. (A disclaimer, I neatened the shelves so that proper titles were in the proper slots): :D

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the things that frustrates me is the range of pricing for 4K/UHD titles that recently completed their theatrical run. Just look at the various pricing and some of them within the same studio such as Disney and Universal. Also, Paramount is the most expensive at $48.99 while Fox, Disney and Lionsgate have lower MSRP. When it comes to catalog titles, we have the same issue with range of pricing as Lionsgate has the lowest pricing for such titles while Warner seems to maintain the highest pricing.

Fox has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
Deadpool $39.99
Logan $39.99
War for the Planet of the Apes $39.99
Alien: Covenant $39.99

Disney has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $39.99
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $42.99

Lionsgate has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
La La Land $42.99
John Wick 2 $42.99
The Hitman's Bodyguard $42.99
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets $42.99

Warner has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
Sully $44.95
The Accountant $44.95
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them $44.95
Wonder Woman $44.95

Universal has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
The Great Wall $44.98
Lucky Logan $44.98
Atomic Blonde $37.98
Despicable Me 3 $29.99 on some sites
Despicable Me 3 $49.98 on other sites

Sony has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
The Magnificent Seven $45.99
The Dark Tower $45.99
Baby Driver $45.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming $45.99

Paramount has the following MSRP for 4K titles:
Allied $48.99
Arrival $48.99
Ghost in the Shell $48.99
xXx: Return of Xander Cage $48.99

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
One of the things that frustrates me is the range of pricing for 4K/UHD titles that recently completed their theatrical run. Just look at the various pricing and some of them within the same studio such as Disney and Universal. Also, Paramount is the most expensive at $48.99 while Fox, Disney and Lionsgate have lower MSRP. When it comes to catalog titles, we have the same issue with range of pricing as Lionsgate has the lowest pricing for such titles while Warner seems to maintain the highest pricing.

Not only are the initial prices all over the place from studio to studio, but the rate at which street prices drop also varies greatly. For example, I was able to pick up Deadpool a few months ago for $13.50, but I have no hope of seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 drop even to $20 from Disney for a long time.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I picked up Bram Stoker's Dracula at Walmart today for $19.96. They also had John Wick 2 available for the same price. I decided to pass on that one for now, as I think it will drop more and I have several things to watch right now (and hockey season is starting), so I wouldn't get to it for awhile anyway.

I paid $24.99 for John Wick 2 so if you found it for $19.96 I would grab it because I do not see it getting any cheaper!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So far the oldest release on 4K UHD BD is Bridge Over River Kwai (1957) and then we have some Charlie Brown titles from 1960 - 1973. Then the next oldest title starts at 1977 then gets newer from there. I would very much like to start seeing some older catalog titles especially ones that already have had 4K DCP's done. Heck My Fair Lady was scanned at 8K and has 8K & 4K masters so that would be a good title to release. There seems to be a list of titles on Amazon but not going to buy 4K UHD movies digitally! If studios want my money they will have to release the movie on a disc! I am not purchasing digital versions of 1080p so why would I do that for 4K UHD?

Here are some instant buys on my list:
Sound Of Music
My Fair Lady
Casablanca
Dr No
Gone With The WInd
North By Northwest
The Godfather
A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
The Innocents
The Seven Year Itch
Star Wars (Original 1977 Theatrical Only)
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Psycho
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
The Hobbit Trilogy
Gravity
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars: Rouge One
Gladiator
Alien & Aliens
Heat
Die Hard Series
Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy
Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises
Braveheart
Full Metal Jacket
Mutiny On The Bounty (1962)
Matrix Trilogy
Training Day
Swordfish
Dirty Harry
The Man With The Golden Gun
Live And Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me
Die Another Day
Skyfall
National Treasure
Rambo: First Blood
Drumline
Driving Miss Daisy
Poltergeist (1982)
Christine (1983)
Gran Torino
The Fast And The Furious
Singin In The Rain
Resident Evil
Swing Time (1936)
Open Range
Silverado
The Quick And The Dead
Patton
Silent Hill

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I paid $24.99 for John Wick 2 so if you found it for $19.96 I would grab it because I do not see it getting any cheaper!

Lionsgate has a pretty good track record for dropping their prices, so I'm sure I will still be able to get it for less than $20 before too long. I have more titles to watch on my shelf and pre-ordered than I have time to watch over the next month, so there's no rush.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I want to see the original Star Wars more than anything on 4K UHD BD!

Good luck with that:)

Thanks Bryan, Yes I know the chances of it happening are not very good at all but at least with Disney involved and currently 20th Century Fox owning the original that they could decide to release the original. Depends on there being a print in good enough shape to restore and if there are any legal agreements with Lucas that would keep the original from seeing the light of day or not. But yes it would take a miracle at this point for the original 1977 Star Wars to be released on Blu-ray or 4K UHD Blu-ray! Doesn't stop me from wishing for it though. A 4K UHD BD of the original 1977 Star Wars would not only be the center piece of my collection but on of my prized possessions! I would also most likely purchase 2 copies just in case something happened to the 1st and I might even buy a third that would stay intact and unwrapped!

6a00d8341c630a53ef0134847ce288970c-600wi.jpg

1977-recording-of-star-wars-audience-reaction-in-movie-theater.jpg

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My rate of purchasing of 4K discs is even lower than standard Blu-ray discs was. I'm becoming a lot less willing to buy a film if it is over the 25 dollar mark. For example, I'd like to see "Baby Driver" but I am not willing to spend C40 dollars for the 4K release of the film as it would be a blind buy.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Currently no release date but I am putting it on my purchase list!

Batman Trilogy.jpg

And I will be buying the Apes Trilogy!

Apes Trilogy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks