What's new

What titles are highly recommended for apple tv/itunes ? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is the right answer. And here is an area where Apple is just flat out DUMB. I know of no TVs that work with Dolby Vision on for the menus. It's ONLY with actual movie content that you want it to match. This screwed me up for months till I realized what apple is trying to do, and they are just flat out wrong here.
Yeah, Apple's setup method here can be quite confusing. It's counter-intuitive to turn off Dolby Vision in the setup menu when you actually want to watch things in DV. Apple and Sony engineers must hang out together at the bars sharing bad ideas on how to implement Dolby Vision.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Got the two titles paid for and I am back in business! Will mess with the video output later. Still having issues selecting Dolby Vision 4K which shouldn't be happening.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So no offense but this whole issue was because you didn’t pay for a purchase? Not Apples fault at all correct?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So no offense but this whole issue was because you didn’t pay for a purchase? Not Apples fault at all correct?

I made the assumption that the transaction would happen quickly and they did not put it through for a few days for some reason so it caused a billing issue. But I have since take care of it and I keep an eye on my balance when buying digital content from now on.

So far my Apple TV has been a very nice addition to my home theater and is working out nicely. Still doesn't mean I do not have concerns about digital content but it gives me more flexibility for content. Later on this year I am planning on adding some tv series and other movies. Over all I am very happy with my 4K Apple TV and I am also looking at getting Netflix back as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I made the assumption that the transaction would happen quickly and they did not put it through for a few days for some reason so it caused a billing issue. But I have since take care of it and I keep an eye on my balance when buying digital content from now on.

So far my Apple TV has been a very nice addition to my home theater and is working out nicely. Still doesn't mean I do not have concerns about digital content but it gives me more flexibility for content. Later on this year I am planning on adding some tv series and other movies. Over all I am very happy with my 4K Apple TV and I am also looking at getting Netflix back as well.
By the way tons of titles on sale. Now Is the time to buy Dave.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm not sure where the proper thread would be to place this question, but I guess this is as good as any......

Have any of you run into the Movies Anywhere App saying "This Device Does Not Support 4K Playback" with Apple TV 4K? This is the only app I have that is refusing to playback in 4K.

I've not used that particular app much, but neither iTunes nor Vudu have Waterworld in 4K yet.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Have any of you run into the Movies Anywhere App saying "This Device Does Not Support 4K Playback" with Apple TV 4K? This is the only app I have that is refusing to playback in 4K.

I did notice that last night. However, it was when I was viewing my AppleTV with my HD-only projector, so I was assuming that it was because it didn't recognize a 4K display in the chain.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Current iTunes movie library:

iTunes Library 001.jpg

iTunes Library 002.jpg

iTunes Library 003.jpg

iTunes Library 004.jpg

iTunes Library 005.jpg

iTunes Library 006.jpg

iTunes Library 007.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Noob =)

Seriously tho, sharing these collections is fun.

To the question of the OP: As of last night we have a new winner. If you have not seen Apollo 11, fix that ASAP. It's the most amazing thing I've ever streamed

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I can only imagine the levels of shame @JohnRice would heap down on me if he saw either my Vudu or iTunes library. I mean we just did a long pod on shelf regret so -I- would shame me -)

In comparison, @Dave Moritz collection looks significantly well curated and full of classics.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can only imagine the levels of shame @JohnRice would heap down on me if he saw either my Vudu or iTunes library. I mean we just did a long pod on shelf regret so -I- would shame me -)
I hope I'm not quite that bad. I looked through Dave's iTunes list, and there are 43 titles I own at least on BluRay. A few more on DVD, and a bunch more are on my server. Maybe the one that would surprise Sam the most is They Live, which I have always gotten a kick out of.

Maybe I'll post a pic of my own collection, or at least the BluRays of movies, so Sam can pick on my snobishishness. Stuff is pretty scattered right now, because I ran out space a long time ago, and I'm in the middle of trying to reorganize. I don't own anywhere near as much stuff as a lot of other people here. I just have a lot of music in the mix, and it's kind of spread around. Movies are in one place, TV shows are in another, music is split between three places. I have far more music than video media.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have far more music than video media.

I wonder what my breakdown would be. All of my physical CDs are in storage - I have high quality rips of all the content that's kept locally - but I don't have a tracker app for the CDs since I started the ripping long before tracker apps were a thing.

I think if I were to compare my collection of physical media movies to physical media albums, movies wins, but if it's between physical media movies vs all albums (digital and physical) combined, that'd be much, much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks