What's new

What titles are highly recommended for apple tv/itunes ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
What? Are you telling me that Apple won't allow you to watch iTunes until they get paid for something you purchased from them?

That's not how any of this works.

When I try to watch anything from iTunes it will not play! It says billing issue! And last night I was going to watch something using the installed Vudu app and the app was gone. Then I looked for the installed MoviesAnywhere app and it was not accessible ether. So right now I am not able to view anything via Apple TV. I can still access Vudu and MoviesAnywhere from my PC or smartphone but not via Apple TV. The only thing that makes sense is that the billing did not go through like it should have and by the time it did it failed due to insufficient funds on my paycard. I usually have a buffer but this past month was tough. But this is why I am waiting to call them till payday which is in a few days. It is stupid that I paid for the last movie I purchased at least a few days before I watched it and had full access to my digital library watching the movie a few days later maybe a week later. I watched the movie then a few days later went to access Apple TV and bam billing issues! I will turn on the Apple TV again today and look but bet I can not find Vudu or MoviesAnnywhere Apps on the device that I installed and set up already. And they are blocking titles that are paid for and titles I got via digital codes! I could see them saying you can not watch a particular title because of a billing issue but to keep me from watching everything is unacceptable.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I can not find Vudu or MoviesAnnywhere Apps on the device that I installed and set up already. And they are blocking titles that are paid for and titles I got via digital codes! I could see them saying you can not watch a particular title because of a billing issue but to keep me from watching everything is unacceptable.

Dave,
I guarantee this is going to be some stupid, fixable thing and Apple isn't trying to screw you...

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Both apps where on the main screen before and where installed. Now the only way to get to them is to actually do a manual search and then I can open them. Not sure how Apple is not involved in this? Otherwise it is a serious glitch or someone has hacked my device, not sure there is any other possibilities. Apps where already up and running and I had used them before. Both apps actually showed up in the first row of tiles which now as you will see in the video they do not and I have to find them under the search option. Before it would show my movies purchased but now it just lingers in the screen where it acts like it is loading!

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Both apps where on the main screen before and where installed. Now the only way to get to them is to actually do a manual search and then I can open them. Not sure how Apple is not involved in this?

Well first of all, you're scrolling through the App Store, not the home screen. Can you scroll down your home screen to make sure the apps you are looking for are not there?

Second, you are clearly not signed in to your iTunes account, and at one point it said the info you were entering was incorrect. Not being signed into your account would certainly explain the troubles you described earlier. Can you confirm that you did end up getting signed in?

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
AB31BD82-8156-4589-91F6-8649288F56A4.jpeg
Yeh Dave it looks like you might not actually be signed in and I don’t know if you’re looking for you’re apps the right way.

From the main screen you have to go down to see all your apps.
This screen above. Then Go down.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
For some reason before I would always be signed in but somehow it was signed out and I have yet to be able to sign in. Before that when it was signed in every time I would try to watch a purchased movie and it would say billing issue, that is the error message I would get! Will try again after my movie is done on blu-ray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Finished my movie and powered Apple TV back up and without doing anything I was already logged in! Went to my movies and you will see what happens when I try to watch my content from iTunes! I also tried to see if there where any current updates and it claims my Apple TV is current.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
It looks like it's not just that your payment method needs to be updated but you actually owe them some money. This is the only way they can get you to pay up...

2C4451E3-76C3-4139-8B90-8B65FCA3189D.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Your movie library is definitely not going to tell you much.

At the top click on Account - View My Account - Purchase History

Hey Cranston37 thank you for giving me a heads up on that. I see what the problem is and that should be history on payday. Going to be more careful in the future so this doesn't happen again. Also need to figure out why the video looks funky selecting Dolby Vision on the Apple TV because I could swear it was ok before. Not to mention that the Panasonic UB-9000 4K blu-ray, Marantz SR-8012 and Sony XBR55A9F 4K OLED are all Dolby Vision compatible! It acted funky when I first got the Apple TV then it decided to work then it is acting funky again. I even have the weird green tint selecting HDR as well. And another issue cropped up which has nothing to do with Apple TV. The HD-DVD player doesn't seem to be getting video to the receiver via component video and it was working before. So just the day for stupid things to add up!

Purchase screen 6_12_2019a.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Also need to figure out why the video looks funky selecting Dolby Vision on the Apple TV because I could swear it was ok before. Not to mention that the Panasonic UB-9000 4K blu-ray, Marantz SR-8012 and Sony XBR55A9F 4K OLED are all Dolby Vision compatible! It acted funky when I first got the Apple TV then it decided to work then it is acting funky again.

For some reason my Apple TV 4K asked me about turning Dolby Vision on the other day -- there must have been a firmware update. Normally, I leave DV turned off, the video resolution at 4K 60Hz HDR, with content matching turned on. That way, the ATV4K will output Dolby Vision only when DV-encoded material is played, instead of all the time. That may be the issue you are having if your setting do not match these.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
For some reason my Apple TV 4K asked me about turning Dolby Vision on the other day -- there must have been a firmware update. Normally, I leave DV turned off, the video resolution at 4K 60Hz HDR, with content matching turned on. That way, the ATV4K will output Dolby Vision only when DV-encoded material is played, instead of all the time. That may be the issue you are having if your setting do not match these.

I've never been sure about that "match content" setting... Do you recommend it be kept on?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

This is the right answer. And here is an area where Apple is just flat out DUMB. I know of no TVs that work with Dolby Vision on for the menus. It's ONLY with actual movie content that you want it to match. This screwed me up for months till I realized what apple is trying to do, and they are just flat out wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks