What's new

What titles are highly recommended for apple tv/itunes ? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ok after saying I wouldn't get into digital streaming here I am with a 4K Apple TV! And yes I have purchased content so I have done a 180 and added digital content to add to my movie experience and collection. What classics would anyone who owns an 4K Apple TV suggest? Doesn't need to be in surround but must be a good clean transfer that looks very good on Apple TV.

Into the Spiderverse is one of the best looking and sounding streams.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Isn’t the answer the same regardless of format: a good movie is a good movie regardless of whether it’s on your Blu-Ray player or your AppleTV.

Or...I don’t think there are movies specifically mastered for AppleTV that should be exclusively be bought in that format.

I still feel disc is the best quality so for certain titles that I want to own outright and have in my physical library the disc is still my priority. How ever there are still many titles I am going to get for the Apple TV.

Into the Spiderverse is one of the best looking and sounding streams.

I will look into getting that on iTunes but not till next month as my entertainment budget has been wiped out for this month.

I grabbed the Twilight Zone deal, too, along with Cheers.

I think I will look into picking up Twilight Zone on iTunes

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I still feel disc is the best quality so for certain titles that I want to own outright and have in my physical library the disc is still my priority. How ever there are still many titles I am going to get for the Apple TV.

I will look into getting that on iTunes but not till next month as my entertainment budget has been wiped out for this month.

I think I will look into picking up Twilight Zone on iTunes
Again.

Wait till it’s on sale.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Yeh I just bought Backdraft and Cliffhanger on 4K.
One has DTS X
The other has Atmos.

The digital version don’t.

I used a $10 BB earned credit and $10 from Shopkick so only paid about $22 total.

About the same as what it would have been on iTunes I think.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
So do you guys with Apple TV buy almost exclusively through iTunes (except Disney)? Will a 4K title purchased from Vudu carry over to iTunes, if it's a Movies Anywhere title? I guess the reason I'm asking is because I didn't know if it was worth monitoring the 4K prices on Vudu?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So do you guys with Apple TV buy almost exclusively through iTunes (except Disney)? Will a 4K title purchased from Vudu carry over to iTunes, if it's a Movies Anywhere title? I guess the reason I'm asking is because I didn't know if it was worth monitoring the 4K prices on Vudu?

I buy from whoever has the best price, including for Disney. I shop iTunes, Vudu, Amazon, and FandangoNow.

As long as it's MA, it will port to iTunes. You might as well take advantage of the open marketplace.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I do.

And 4K vudu titles port over to iTunes in 4K if available there.

I’ve purchased a few vudu 4K titles for as little as $4.99.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I do.

And 4K vudu titles port over to iTunes in 4K if available there.

I’ve purchased a few vudu 4K titles for as little as $4.99.

Tino, how do you get a Vudu purchase to show up in iTunes/MA?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
An advantage that vudu has over iTunes is that when you want to purchase a title from vudu, it tells you if it’s an MA title.

Thanks. Guess I screwed up. I just bought Source Code on Vudu for $7, but it's listed as an UltraViolet title and is not showing up in MA or iTunes. God, there are things about this digital copy crap that I really detest!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks. Guess I screwed up. I just bought Source Code on Vudu for $7, but it's listed as an UltraViolet title and is not showing up in MA or iTunes. God, there are things about this digital copy crap that I really detest!
Doug, which title are you referring to?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Almost everything I had on Vudu and Movies Anywhere where on iTunes. Your most likely better off buying from iTunes. I am now only buying from iTunes. But there is nothing that says I will not buy from Vudu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks