What's new

What the? (1 Viewer)

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Alrighty, i'm a lil' bit confused, so perhaps you guys can help me out a little bit:

1) I am planning on building the 85L PR design from the adire audio site, and I was wondering what the true volume of the box would be, so I took the INTERNAL dimensions, and it works out that the volume is around 93L instead of the 85... isn't this closer to the 95L design? why bother calling it an 85L?

2) i'm not really confused about this one but anyway:

have any of you built the design mentioned above? I think its the right one for me, but I just want to know how it looks...

3)about the AVA250 amp (also) from adireaudio, is it good? will it be enough for that design? what am I missing if they sell another one for $100 more but with 50 less watts?

thanks very much

Will.

P.S

GOOOOOO CANADA!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!! GOLD MEDAL!!!

Ryan T

Second Unit
Did you take in account the amount of space the PR(s) and the driver will take up inside the enclosure? If not then I think that is why the internal dimensions of the box is 93 L instead of 85.

Ryan

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Will, let me see if I can help you out on your questions.
1) the reason you coming up with a different internal volume other than 85l is because you have to factor in the displacment of the woofer, pr and bracing. After you add those factors in you will have total volume of @93l but the woofer will only be seeing 85l.
2) a good place to see a pr pic is at kyle site Link Removed
3) the adire ava250 is a good amp and will work great with the 85l pr design
hope this helps you out:)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Will, here is a link to pictures of my Adire Audio 95L 12" + Adire PR design. I did use the parts express 12" DVC instead, but it should look very similar to the 85L design!
My Sub

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well let me tell you Will, my sub is loud as hell! Whenever I'm watching a movie, I always have people coming by to see what the heck is going on in my room. I guess the way the bass travels down the hallway is pretty impressive. When I was running a 20hz sine wave through this bad boy, I heard someone at the end of the hallway ask someone else what was making everything vibrate! :D :D That sure put one hell of a smile on my face! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks